Author Topic: UI Scale DPI value  (Read 10265 times)

I've a LG 34UM95, an ultrawide monitor with a native resolution of 3440 x 1440 and in Substance Painter all seems too small  to work.

In my case if I have the OS scaling to 125% and all looks tiny. If I put 150% all gets bigger. As someone said: there is no middle grounds.

Seems that you only has tested with 1080p monitors and 4k. But forgot to test with intermediate resolutions (2560 x 1440, 3440 x 1440, and so on).

2.5 is released and this problem still exists. No solutions yet.

This post is from April 2014. We still can't scale Susbtance Painter to 125%.... :o :o :o :o

BTW I read a solution somewhere, where you had to change a value in some qt.conf and you had Substance to 125% scale, the text was a little bit blurry but still better than having it at 100% or 150%
I did it before but now I updated to the new version and I can find the post anywhere.

It was in this same post.... ;D
Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:01:41 am

Kind of hope 2.6 fixes this.
it's kind of pain having to switching back and forth from 125% and 150% scaling just for painter.
just so you know i am also using a ultrawide monitor with a native resolution of 3440 x 1440.
Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:45:38 am
Skilled at Unreal Engine 4 Game Development
PBR Texturing 3D Animation 3D Modeling Programming Particle Effects Rigging UV Mapping
Sound Design Game Design Level Design
Character Design UI Design Concept Design
Environment Design Architectural Design Map Design

This is currently a limitation of Qt, the UI framework we use to build SP and SD. So until they fix this on their side, there is nothing we can do here unfortunately.

Well thanks for the answer.
guess i will use it as is.
but i kind of have a bug with painter it starts like this always
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/notodd1991/Untitled.png
is that because painter doesn't fully work with ultrawide monitors yet or something else entirely.
just to let you know designer works perfectly with 125% scaling and always starts in fullscreen.
Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:43:25 pm
PBR Texturing 3D Animation 3D Modeling Programming Particle Effects Rigging UV Mapping

Interesting, what's your monitor resolution and ratio?

Ultrawide monitor with resolution of 3440 x 1440 and ratio of 21:9

To explain the bug i am not sure if this is happening because of windows 10 scaling being set to 125% or something else.

Seeing as painter doesn't work very well with windows 10 scaling set to 125% that maybe the issue.

All i'm asking is to add 125% scaling for windows 10 so i can finally start to use painter.
Mainly because it is very hard to see anything in painter as it currently is.

Also just to let you know designer works very well with windows 10 scaling set to 125% and i have no issues with designer  or UE 4 or Maya 2017 with windows 10 scaling set to 125% .

If i try 150% scaling it is to big like someone said before there is no middle ground like 125% scaling.

Just to let you know before i was talking about painter not using windows 10 125% scaling not about adding a ui scaling options to painter.

i hope someone else can test on a ultrawide monitor with Resolution of 3440 x 1440 and ratio of 21:9 with 125% scaling to reproduce this bug if it is a bug or something else entirely different

Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:22:32 am

+1 for Substance Painter UI scaling, 27" screen here and finding it very hard to read anything in 4k.

I often find myself looking at 27" 4k monitors, but I never spend money on them because of issues like this.

It is not only Allegorithmic's products.  Many products, including several that I use, don't play nicely on 4k monitors.  It is hard to believe we're still struggling with this issue in 2017.
Hobbyist

So i guess everyone with a 4k monitor or a Ultrawide monitor wants this fixed.

i'm glad it's not just me anymore.

Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:29:22 am

The struggles continue.
Not just Allegorithmic, but Microsoft too.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11287/the-windows-10-creators-update-arrives/6
Hobbyist

The issue with painter is it does not support 125% scaling but it does support 150% scaling so like i said before i just hope they add 125% scaling.

Just to let you know designer has high DPI support and 125% scaling works in designer so we just need support for 125% scaling in painter like designer already has.

Also like i said before i'm not asking for Allegorithmic to add a ui scaling option in painter i'm asking for painter to use windows 10 125% scaling like designer already uses and you should also be asking them to add support not just me.
Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:10:34 pm

The issue with painter is it does not support 125% scaling but it does support 150% scaling so like i said before i just hope they add 125% scaling.

... and you should also be asking them to add support not just me.

+1    :)
Hobbyist

Here's to hoping 2.7 adds 125% scaling