Author Topic: 30 Substances PBR materials  (Read 5031 times)

I have two questions to ask you.

My computer system is Window 7 Pro 64 bit.

Where and which folders should I put 30 substance PBR material at ?

Is it for Substance Painter or Substance Designer ?

Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:02:27 pm

Hi,

Those substances can be used both in SD and SP.
If you want to have them in your Library inside the tools, here is the process:

Substance Designer
You need to monitor the folder where are the substances. To do so, go to Preferences and add the folder to monitor. You can find more information and examples in the documentation: http://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SD42/The+Library

Substance Painter
Put them in Documents/Substance Painter/Shelf/Stencils
You will then see them in the Shelf of Substance Painter.

Cheers,
Nico
Director of Product Management & COO

30 Substance PBR already added in shelf in SP so I copied and pasted them from folder of 30 Substance PBR to Stencil folder. That's what I need to know where to put it.

Thanks for clarifying.

I tried to add 30 Substance PBR to the list of library at Substance Designer. I created " Stencil folder " there for adding them but not work. I added Filter under stencil folder to add 30 stencil file but there is no browser to add them there. How can I add them there if possible?  If not work, I could load up stencil file in User's Package instead of it.

drakemoonstar.

Hi,

You need to monitor the folder of the 30 substances in order to see them in your library.
You can add a folder to monitor in the Preferences of Substance Designer.

Cheers,
Nico
Director of Product Management & COO

It can allow me to add 30 stencil files in library at SD so it works. I opened preference to monitor the folder of 30 substance PBR materials.

Thanks for help.

Thanks for explaining how to put substances in Substance Painter shelf. But once it done and appears in the stencils part of the shelf, what to do wight hem ? I didn't manage to use them as a material neither as a stencil...

Thanks for explaining how to put substances in Substance Painter shelf. But once it done and appears in the stencils part of the shelf, what to do wight hem ? I didn't manage to use them as a material neither as a stencil...

Hello,

Here is a video on using Substances in Substance Painter.

https://vimeo.com/95752331

Cheers,

Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks !  ;)

Hi,

I don't know if I'm just a little stupid right now but what is it that needs to be put into Documents/Substance Painter/Shelf/Stencils for the 30 materials to be in painter? I ask because when I download it from the site I just get an extension-less file called 30, and I cant seem to do anything with it.

Its ok It has been sorted, If anyone wants to know how simply rename and add .zip at the end of the file. Firefox seems to lose its extension. Thanks