Author Topic: Welcome to the Battle of the Titans - Read the Rules!  (Read 23351 times)

100k is the final poly limit, so that would be after subdivision.

This may have been asked before, but just wanted to make sure.

For the 8192*4096 as the max on the texture sheet,
would that mean it's fine to have 8192*4096 each for diffuse, roughness, metallic, and normal map, etc.? (just as an example.)

Anthony Garcellano | Environment Artist
www.garcellano.com

would that mean it's fine to have 8192*4096 each for diffuse, roughness, metallic, and normal map, etc.? (just as an example.)
Yes.

Yes.

My bad english urged me to clarify further this point. So just to write it down in a different fashion, is it possible to use multiple 8k x 4k textures, one for each channel? Reading the rules i understood that a single 8k x 4k texture had to be used, and subdivide it into smaller textures if multiple channels are needed.

Thanks!

So, stupid question but just want to be absolutely clear.

The texture limits, those are the upper limits, right?

Say we have just 1 4096 texture, is that ok?

As mentioned by the previous questioner, also is that per channel?

Guys, he answered twice already, it's per channel/map.  :)

The limit is for each channel.
So you can have a 8k*4k diffuse, 8k*4k roughness etc.

Oh and I don't see why using less would be a problem...

Hello, i would like to test the allegorithmic software for the challange but, If I use demo version, won't I have export restrictions?

The Substance Designer trial has no restrictions at all.

Hi Jeremie, somethin's bothering me regarding polycount.

100k allowed to the titan and 10k to the pedestal...as I noticed on other wip, some people are gonna include details that aren't direct parts of the character nor of the pedestal (like particles, birds, etc...).
My point is, are we allowed a total of 110k tris for the whole scene (with a limit of 100k for the main character) ? If my titan is way below the poly limit, can I use the extra polys for the pedestal, or is this one also strictly limited to 10k tris?

Thanks ;)
Here's a link to the movie I'm currently working on.
You're welcome to like, participate, state your mind about the project, etc....

Hi Jeremie, somethin's bothering me regarding polycount.

100k allowed to the titan and 10k to the pedestal...as I noticed on other wip, some people are gonna include details that aren't direct parts of the character nor of the pedestal (like particles, birds, etc...).
My point is, are we allowed a total of 110k tris for the whole scene (with a limit of 100k for the main character) ? If my titan is way below the poly limit, can I use the extra polys for the pedestal, or is this one also strictly limited to 10k tris?

Thanks ;)

Yep! I had the same question. I want to add some secondary surrounding characters and i don't know if i must fit them in the pedestal or in the main character. Maybe, wanting to isolate the main character for a "solo" shot, i should include the others in the pedestal...

Amazing challenge!!! Good luck to all! ^__^

I may have missed something. Is the template for the final presentation available or not yet ?

I just finished it, still needs a little bit of tweaking. It should be available in a few days.

Ah, thanks. I have one more question, though. Is it allowed to upload our entries on sketchfab for showcasing ?