Author Topic: The Path to Substance Source  (Read 7790 times)

This looks interesting - congratulations on the new service. :)

It also seems confusing to those of us who pay outright for each and every piece of Allegorithmic software - non LIVE users. What is OUR path to Substance Source?

Checking the pricing info I don't see where I fit in... or are the folks that paid up front completely excluded?

Thanks

PRICING

Substance Source is now part of Substance Live. If you’re a subscriber to Substance Live, content is now included in your monthly plan:

Substance Live Indie
Substance Live Indie subscribers now have 30 downloads a month included in their plan at no additional charge: the plan is still priced at $19.90 per month. Just log in to Substance Source using your current Substance Live account information to start downloading assets.

Substance Live Pro
We are also rolling out Substance Live Pro for our pro customers (annual revenues between $100K and $5M). Substance Live Pro includes the same access to the latest versions of the Substance toolset, plus 50 downloads a month from Substance Source, for $99/month. (Get more information about Substance Live.)

Substance Source for Pro/Studio and Enterprise
Pro/Studio customers can make a one-time purchase of access to Substance Source from the Allegorithmic website.
Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:17:39 pm

I would like to know as well...

I don't see any way to buy Downloads, I'm i missing something.

I think this is confusing as well. I have purchased Designer, B2M and Painter through Steam. I use these tools mainly as freelance or as hobby on personal projects - no way I can afford $1500 ! Nor do I want to pay $20 a month for software licenses I already have. I just want to get Substance Source in some way that doesn't screw me over.

This is the reply I got on Facebook:

If you bought your licenses after February this year, you will get 180 free Source downloads in your account shortly (equivalent of 6 months of Live Source content). We are looking into giving some credit to people who bought earlier too.

Daf

Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 09:44:09 pm

Hi Guyz,

Substance Source is an exclusive access for Live users.
However, we have something for users who purchased the software separately. We are going to make an announcement about it tomorrow.

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO

Hi Guyz,

Substance Source is an exclusive access for Live users.
However, we have something for users who purchased the software separately. We are going to make an announcement about it tomorrow.

Cheers,

Well, no. When I hit a download-button on ANY substance in source, I can't download it. Absolutely nothing happens, no error message, no download popup, no nothing. Only the free downloads on the entry page work. (Yes, I am a Live user with an active subscription ...)

Update: ok, it just took time to transfer over. Now I see 30 "credits" there. Apparently, I can download 30 substances per month for the subscription? And that can't be topped up? - Also, granted that I already "paid" off the costs for Designer and Painter that seems like a weird deal. I hope you guys come up with something more transparent.
Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 11:08:20 pm

Well, no. When I hit a download-button on ANY substance in source, I can't download it. Absolutely nothing happens, no error message, no download popup, no nothing. (Yes, I am a Live user with an active subscription ...)

Hi,

Your Substance Live was not active anymore.
I see that you purchased a new one, so that should now work (it takes up to 10 minutes to synchronise). Let us know if you have any trouble.

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO

This new announcement seems really interesting. Will there be a student license too for this service? That would be great.

Hi,

Your Substance Live was not active anymore.
I see that you purchased a new one, so that should now work (it takes up to 10 minutes to synchronise). Let us know if you have any trouble.

Cheers,

Yes, thanks, there just was a delay, it's working now. Any way to purchase more credits or do I really need to wait until next month? :)

I own everything,, so why should I subscribe to live for a new product (that I don't need) to get access to source? But.. if you simply want us to subscribe to get access, then say so. And if I may.. charging a small fee to keep maintenance, work required etc.. to have source running on a monthly basis is totally OK. It gives you ease of mind, and I doubt any more than a small percentage would have anything against that either. This library is a service after all. As for how large the sum needs to be? That is up to you, but the more members the more reasonable the price. Kind of like a carrot for the community too if you will ;) Just a suggestion at any rate. But my point is that, I don't have any access to this library ATM, because I own everything and I don't really need to subscribe to another product for the point of getting access.

what happens to people who bought the program outright and then paid to upgrade to live like I did?
I have an invoice for that but I don't seem to have live.

Please advise because I would love to get what I paid for.

...So I paid $299 to purchase the software outright in July of 2015, then a further $99 to upgrade to Substance 2 in March, and now you genuinely expect that we should have to do another rent to own live subscription for access to Source. This is fairly much bullshit, you are punishing us for actually having purchased your software and forcing us to pay for it again to get just a few substances.

...So I paid $299 to purchase the software outright in July of 2015, then a further $99 to upgrade to Substance 2 in March, and now you genuinely expect that we should have to do another rent to own live subscription for access to Source. This is fairly much bullshit, you are punishing us for actually having purchased your software and forcing us to pay for it again to get just a few substances.

Dude, You got what You paid for, and now you expect to get MORE for nothing?

Its not software update or thing You can't live without. Maybe You wanna share Your .sbs with us all?

Allegorithmic is IMHO best and most fair company i ever saw. Before i got free Moodpack from Substance Store for "nothing" expect buying software. And now they also prepare something for us.

They could just make Substance Source a Subscription service and show middle finger to everyone. Look on Megascan and their price's or other services on the net. As a hobbyist or freelancer You can forget about it.

Paying 20$ to get 30 ready to use textures with alot customization is good deal.

Hi, just recently purchased live to get access to source, and for you know future upgrades and what not I dont see any reason not to give live a shot, anyway...

I purchased it, and canceled live right after because I hate the idea of recurring payments because I dont trust myself to cancel them in the future.  ANYWAY

I'd like to know how long it takes for my source downloads to appear after purchasing?