Author Topic: The Path to Substance Source  (Read 6601 times)

Nevermind, it seems it was just taking a bit, took like 30 mins to sync, was just making sure canceling didnt break it haha.

I'm also having trouble seeing how you can push aside the people that bought it outright and didn't use Substance Live. At the time if you would have mentioned people buying your products with a monthly payment plan would get access to more things there is no way I would've bought them outright.

Dude, You got what You paid for, and now you expect to get MORE for nothing?

How is buying it outright any different than paying slowly over the course of a couple years? You'd think it would be more advantageous for Allegorithmic to have people pay for their product in full. I would happily get a refund for the entire software suite, plus the upgrade to SP2 and sign up to Substance Live if I had the choice, but I can't see that happening.

I too purchased licenses and upgrades for B2M, Painter, and Designer.....  but have no access to Substance Source....

My friend has a live subscription, has paid significantly less money than I have, and has access....

I should have never bought the licenses.....  and just used the money to buy substance Live....

Totally bummed

How is buying it outright any different than paying slowly over the course of a couple years? You'd think it would be more advantageous for Allegorithmic to have people pay for their product in full. I would happily get a refund for the entire software suite, plus the upgrade to SP2 and sign up to Substance Live if I had the choice, but I can't see that happening.

Totally agree

Same here, bought the whole package when painter came out. Upgraded everything seperatly and now I don't have Source. This is really strange and a not so nice move. Reminds me of the price of painter 2 for customers of painter 1. It seems, that we who paid upfront are allways forgotten. The changed the price afterwards, but why not think about us in the first place.

I will definetly not pay upfront anymore. Feels not good to me!

Wait and see what happens guys. Allegorithmic is pretty forgiving. Remember when they cut the cost to upgrade to Painter 2?

The website looks gorgeous, and the 3D view is a nice touch. The materials are exquisite. Sadly I'm in the same boat, unable to download anything. But maybe they'll let us in on some of the fun. Wait and see.
3D art is magic.

So I signed into Substance Source and it looks like I have 60 downloads, which is cool thanks.  But, is there any info on how this is decided?  I bought the complete Substance Indie pack on Steam. I upgraded SD4 to SD5 on the Allegorithmic sight.  If I transfer my other licenses over from Steam will I get more downloads?  I was thinking of upgrading Substance Painter 1 to 2 if there is a Black Friday sale.  Will I get more downloads for that?  Thanks

Hi,

We gave 60 downloads per license, as following:
- 60 for Substance Painter 2
- 60 for Substance Designer 5
- 60 for Substance B2M3

That's only for licenses which were present on your Allegorithmic account.

Please note that we won't add downloads for new users / new purchases / new upgrades. If you upgrade SP1 to SP2, you won't get 60 new downloads.

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO

That's a maximum total of 180 downloads (SD+SP+B2M) with no time limitation, which is as many materials as Live users will get after 6 months of Substance Live.

We are always trying to refine the way we deliver our software to you guys to give you the best value while trying at the same time to be fair to everyone and sustainable for us. This is the solution we came up with for Source after, I can tell you, very very long deliberations :)

This is both fair and much appreciated! Thank you! :)

Hi,

- 60 for Substance B2M3

Please note that we won't add downloads for new users / new purchases / new upgrades. If you upgrade SP1 to SP2, you won't get 60 new downloads.

Cheers,

Hi Nicolas,

thanks for the list and clarification. One question I got. I got 60 downloads. I have the following Licenses out of my account:

Substance Painter 2 bought 14/04/2016 (upgraded from SP1)
B2M3 bought 24/02/2015
Substance Designer 5 bought 24/02/2015

Shouldn't I get 120 downloads, or am I understood something wrong?

Thanks!

Hi,

- 60 for Substance B2M3

Cheers,

Thanks,
Would it be possible to get 60 for B2M3 since I already owned it?  I just added it to my Algorithmic account.

That's awesome Nicolas. Just wish this information was clear from the get go.
Thanks!

Thanky you guys - but I can not seem to find the 180 free Source DL ?!
Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:08:00 pm

Just log on source.allegorithmic.com

The process is still rolling up, so maybe the download will appear during the week-end. Contact us on Monday if that's not the case.

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO