Author Topic: is .sbs available in Substance Source?  (Read 4290 times)

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. But I don't think I understand your response. I understand what you mean by using the same graph, but it is the uncompressed scan data as input that I'm asking for, since it seems to be the scans that are determining the weave patterns. I get that they are heavy, but they also seem useful. Am I missing something here?

You can just reference and use the output which will be tileables directly from the raw data.
I don't understand your needs.

Ok, I'll try to be as clear as I can. I'm looking at, for example, "printed linen rough" on the substance source website. It is only available as an sbsar file. According to Jeremie in the earlier post "The new batch of fabric materials are based on scanned data so there is no sbs associated since they are basically only a few nodes with the scanned images and the outputs." I would like to have access to the scanned image, so that, for example I might want to make changes that are not exposed in the sbsar file. Jeremie, in another post said that the scanned images are too "heavy". Nonetheless, I believe that myself and others would be fine with a long download if we could get access to the scans. Does this clear up what I am asking? Whether or not anyone at Substance is willing to make them available is of course the real question.

I'm not sure I understand Jeremie's statement about the file being too big.
From what I understand the maps ARE already included in the sbar so I don't get what would change in giving the source from that perspective.

So if I got it right you don't need the `.sbs` as they are only made of maps and map cleaning nodes. If you need to tweak the albedo inside substance, you can just reference the `.sbar` in your SD Graph, using the ouptuts to do whatever you want.

Waiting for Jemerie to either approve or not what I'm stating here :)

Yes pretty much. The only nodes in the sbsar are usually just simple masks to separate the different parts of a scan and some simple HSL and color adjustments, nothing really useful or interesting. The tiling and cleaning step is done beforehand to avoid long computation time in the final sbsar.
The bitmaps embedded in the sbsar are also compressed. The source images we use for the sbs are uncompressed and weight several hundred MB compared to the 60-100MB of the sbsar, whcih make it not practical and costly for us to provide separately.