Author Topic: 3ds Max Plugin Update - Beta plugin  (Read 11576 times)

btw this trick works just fine with max 2017 and designer 6

"replace the 'substance_linker.dll' and 'substance_sse2_blend.dll' and 'substance_d3d9pc_blend.dll" files from in the root 3Ds Max folder with the ones from the Substance 6 installation directory."

Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:29:42 am

hi,
do you have this plugin for mental ray?  :-\

Unfortunately...
when I try to load ".sbsar" into my substance slot in 3ds 2012 with updated plugin I have error "Substance error: g_CreateSubstanceSBSBinFileFromASM didn't worked".
And crash when I close 3ds max is happening.
I can send minidump if developers are interested...

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, SOME SOLUTION?

Hi,

The update works only for 3ds Max 2014 and above. It doesn't work for versions below.

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO

Hello i have 3ds max design 2015 wen i install the substance .exe file it says now version on 3ds max updates were selected

and the select component is empty

any help please?

I tried installing the plugin however 3ds Max Design 2015 was not covered by it. I purchased, not more than a week ago, an indie license for a project I'm working on. Also back in Substance Designer, after changing compatibility mode to engine V4, still 3ds Max Design 2015 returns an error reading .sbsar file. I'm pretty new to substance so I'm wondering if I'm overlooking anything in the export process from substance designer. I followed pretty much the information from watching allegorithmic's channel on youtube but maybe there's still something I'm failing to do right.

Thanks in advance for advices to come.

Edit: 'Just noticed that the post before mine is having the same issue with the plugin.
Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 07:52:47 am

Are there any instructions on how to install this via command line? I have many machines that need to utilize this plugin.

Are there any instructions on how to install this via command line? I have many machines that need to utilize this plugin.

We don't have a way to install via command line, but you can setup a system to do this manually. The updater updates the following files.

-substance_d3d9pc_blend.dll
-substance_linker.dll
-substance_sse2_blend.dll

These updated files are located in the root install directory of 3ds max. You can manually copy these three files to the other install directories via command line.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

These updated files are located in the root install directory of 3ds max. You can manually copy these three files to the other install directories via command line.

Great! That is what I will do. Is this also functional with Painter 2017.2 and Designer 2017.1? And Vray 3.6?

Great! That is what I will do. Is this also functional with Painter 2017.2 and Designer 2017.1? And Vray 3.6?

Yes, this will work with the latest versions.

Cheers,
wes

Worked great first time for 3ds Max 2017 + Vray 3.6.

Thanks heaps, extremely useful =).

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, is their any update for the Substance plugin to 3DsMax 2017/2018 with Designer 2017?
Acutally my Max say : error in reading Substance file.

Have a good day,

Oups sorry it seems to work, parameters are a bit strange, but it works.

Thanks for this plugin/bridge

Oups sorry it seems to work, parameters are a bit strange, but it works.

Thanks for this plugin/bridge

We are working on a new v2 plugin. It will be much better : )

Cheers,
Wes

Hi again,

After few test i check between B2M + Designer and max and I find some differences due to gamma/shader I think.
Any solution/ tweak that i can apply on my basic material output from max?

https://imgur.com/AWnAJKQ

https://imgur.com/QtQCRbJ

Have a nice day,

Best,