Author Topic: iClone to Unreal with Substances  (Read 2214 times)

I have Substance Designer 5, iClone and Unreal.

Character made with Character Creator use Substances for the materials, but when the model exports, via 3DXchange, it would appear that either FBX does not include certain textures, or there is something else wrong.

On the unreal side of things, I only get Base/diffuse, specular and normal, never roughness. Also, there is no way to bring the material into Substance Designer (that I know of).

Any help in figuring out how to get this a bit more streamlined would be great.

Without the roughness, my materials look rather pasty, are are worthless. I'll tried some cheats, but none seem to work.

Cheers,

Sterling

Hmm, rather quiet over here.

I wish I could help.  I have iClone, but I don't use Unreal.
Maybe this bump will help trigger a reply.

Or maybe you'll need to cross-post in the "Substance Designer" area.
Hobbyist

At least it is good to see another face. I've also reached out to Reallusion and asked for their sbsar file or settings or anything that will let me recreate it. We'll see what happens. They have a series of tutorials coming up next week, with Unreal integration, so their going to have to get this working properly, or their new flagship will sink, for Unreal users anyway.

~Sterling

I have Substance Designer 5, iClone and Unreal.

Character made with Character Creator use Substances for the materials, but when the model exports, via 3DXchange, it would appear that either FBX does not include certain textures, or there is something else wrong.

On the unreal side of things, I only get Base/diffuse, specular and normal, never roughness. Also, there is no way to bring the material into Substance Designer (that I know of).

Any help in figuring out how to get this a bit more streamlined would be great.

Without the roughness, my materials look rather pasty, are are worthless. I'll tried some cheats, but none seem to work.

Cheers,

Sterling

Ya. Only three of the material (diffuse, bump/normal, and specular) slots look to be implemented within Iclone so far. I gather this is an Iclone problem which will be rectified when Iclone updates to PBR... hopefully.