Author Topic: Definitive License upgrade cut off date?  (Read 551 times)

Hey,

So, I'm a little confused.. after hearing absolutely nothing at all about Substance Designer 6 being released any time soon, I get a mail today telling me that it's now out, and if I have bought a definitive license after 15th December 2016 I can get a free upgrade... now the issue I have is that I bought the license on the 2nd December 2016... having absolutely no idea that Substance Designer 6 was just around the corner... and Yes I am subscribed to the newsletter, and upon checking, there is no mention at all in any of them that SD6 was due for release. 

What gives?

Am I now left with £300+ of software that is no longer supported?  that still doesn't have the plug-ins that were promised 6 months ago?   

Obviously no one in their right mind would have bought a license for software that was soon to be superseded by a newer version. This seems like very shady business practice to me that customers were in the dark about this. I'm also lead to believe that Live payments can't be used to buy an upgrade... so if i want to get SD6 I have to accrue enough Live payments for the whole thing again.... even though I have literally just used my Live balance to buy what is now OUT OF DATE software?

I'd really like a response from an Allego staff member on this please.

cheers

Hi,

Please contact us on our contact form in order to discuss specific cases.

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO

Good luck, Rob.

I bought Indie Substance Pack a little over 2 months ago.

I was told "...we provided free updates for Substance Designer 5 for 2 years (the software was released in March 2015) before releasing the upgrade Substance Designer 6."

Can you believe it? Like, wow, thanks for supporting the software (that I didn't own) for 2 years. lol

In the same boat...

I'm fairly new to Substance designer. Purchased the indie pack on the 25 November 2016.

Didn't know the schedule for new releases with Allegorithmic, and had no idea there was a new version on the way, or would have waited.

Even stingy Autodesk offer a 90 day window to get the latest version free if you purchase before the latest release.

Purchased just 53 days ago, come on Allegorithmic, be fare please...

In the same boat...

I'm fairly new to Substance designer. Purchased the indie pack on the 25 November 2016.

Didn't know the schedule for new releases with Allegorithmic, and had no idea there was a new version on the way, or would have waited.

Even stingy Autodesk offer a 90 day window to get the latest version free if you purchase before the latest release.

Purchased just 53 days ago, come on Allegorithmic, be fare please...

Having the exact same situation, did't had that much time to use it even yet. Might have just waited for the next discount when both substance painter(3???) and designer 6 would be bundled.

Hi,

You are talking of different topics on this page, each of you with specific situations (Live, purchased in discount, etc.).
Please contact us on the contact form if you need to discuss about it.

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO