Author Topic: Cinema 4d invalid import SD6  (Read 636 times)

I can't import in cinema 4d even the simpliest material made in sd6!!! Please tell what the reason of this problem?  :-X :-[ :-[ :-[ >:(

Hi,

The plugin for Cinema 4D does not support the new SD6 nodes yet.

In order to make sure it's compatible:
- go to the Prefs, and set "Compatibility mode" to V5
- make sure you don't have any yellow node
- make sure you are not using the parameter "set alpha to 1" in the normal nodes

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO

Hi,

- make sure you are not using the parameter "set alpha to 1" in the normal nodes

Cheers,

Any idea when the plugin will have support for substance designer 6?

Hi,

Cheers,

Any idea when the plugin will have support for substance designer 6?

HI,

I'm sorry but we don't have an ETA at this time. The plugin is developed by Maxon. However, it is our job to communicate the SD6 engine updates and changes which we have not done. I will make sure to get this ball rolling so that Maxon can have the resources they need. Just want to say this is our fault and not Maxon : )

Cheers,
wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

C4d update is out and the files that I had problems with are now working. Mac OS seems to have an issue still from the patch notes.

Hi,

I just want to add some info on the C4D R18 SP2 hotfix (aka Ryzen Hotfix) providing SD6 compatibility.

First, as mentioned in this thread already, we unfortunately broke the Substance OGL engine on OSX with this hotfix. So if you need the OGL engine (e.g. for higher resolution Substance outputs, you currently should not install the hotfix. This will hopefully get fixed with the next service pack for Cinema 4D R18.

Second, while providing general SD6 compatibility, not all SD6 features are supported by C4D, yet.
These are mainly, text inputs and FP outputs. Text inputs of a Substance asset will simply be ignored currently. So it's not possible to modify the text inside C4D. Any default text set in SD will render properly though. For FP outputs C4D will fall back to standard integer bitmap. So the outputs will render in C4D, but not yet with full color resolution.

Just so you are aware.
Cheers,
Andreas

SDK Support Engineer
MAXON Computer GmbH