Author Topic: Request - VOP that allows us to pull out individual maps  (Read 648 times)

This is mainly for the Algorithmic team, but anyone who cares feel free to throw in your thoughts as well :)

I apologise if this has been requested before (I imagine it has) but I would reeeeeaaaally love to be able to use Substance Materials in the /mat context. Its already good having Substance in Houdini, but a VOP would take it to the next level and make life a thousand times easier.

What I would specifically like is essentially a Texture VOP but instead of having a single color output, It'll output every map in the Substance, allowing us to process and utilise the maps like a normal texture.

This would really step up the Substance x Houdini workflow, and I really hope we get to see something like it one day (preferably soon haha)  :)

I agree. We should be able to load Substances in the mat context.

-b

This is mainly for the Algorithmic team, but anyone who cares feel free to throw in your thoughts as well :)

I apologise if this has been requested before (I imagine it has)

Correct me if I'm wrong,
this was the first and most popular feature requested by the community. Already requested on day 1.
Few years have passed, while ppl kept coming to the forum to ask for it.

I'm sure Allegorithmic will deliver eventually, hopefully sooner than HL3  ;D

cheers