Author Topic: Houdini 16 Plugin Update  (Read 5973 times)

I dont suppose anyone still has the substance plugin for houdini 16 NOT 16.5?

The allegorithmic downloads page only has one for 16.5 now, no links to previous versions which doesn't help as I'm still using build 16.0.671 as its working and integrated with redshift and goz etc.

Anyone have the v16 installer for substance for houdini?

I dont suppose anyone still has the substance plugin for houdini 16 NOT 16.5?

The allegorithmic downloads page only has one for 16.5 now, no links to previous versions which doesn't help as I'm still using build 16.0.671 as its working and integrated with redshift and goz etc.

Anyone have the v16 installer for substance for houdini?

Hey Si Smith O,

Sorry about that.  :-\ Here is the plugin for 16.0.671.
Integrations QA Analyst
keston.gregory@allegorithmic.com

I just downloaded and installed the Substance Plugin for Houdini 16.5.
When loading Houdini I get this error (please, see the attachment). Houdini version is 16.5.268. What is wrong?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

We have updated the Houdini plugin to 16.5 and it is now available on the website here: https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download  :)

hey, just tried installing the updated plugin for current houdini production build [16.5.268] on windows and still no luck... any pointers would be appreciated.

Hey julianwilliams,

Can you verify that the Substance.dll and the Substance folder are in the location listed here?

I can confirm that I am not having any luck installing the Substance plugin on Houdini 16.5 and that the substance folder as well as substance.dll are in the houdini 16.5 dso folder in Documents. Not sure if this is impacting everyone or if some people are able to get it to work. If other people are getting it to work I got the software with steam could that install location be causing problems?

i can confirm that the files are in the location...

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\houdini16.5\dso

Substance.dll + substance dir with cfg files etc.

However when i assign a material to a cube for example and then assign a sop to i do not see the operator to be able assign to a substance material as with previous versions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaUoYyWfMzE)

If you need more info or maybe i'm doing something wrong

Hey, devs, do you actually care? Seriously.

hello,

just got a chance to check if i was doing something wrong... i managed to see that the installer had placed the files in the original houdini after installing

C:\Users\[username]\MyDocument\houdini16.5

under docs rather than the

C:\Users\[username]\houdini16.5

which i currently use... so my bad i guess, i managed to do a test (included grab) and i can create a substance shop and assign to a material.

thanks

hello,

just got a chance to check if i was doing something wrong... i managed to see that the installer had placed the files in the original houdini after installing

C:\Users\[username]\MyDocument\houdini16.5

under docs rather than the

C:\Users\[username]\houdini16.5

which i currently use... so my bad i guess, i managed to do a test (included grab) and i can create a substance shop and assign to a material.

thanks

Fantastic! I managed to find the problem here, the Houdini 16.5 Substance installer defaults to installing to the My Documents folder even if Houdini is installed in another location. Therefore, Houdini would never even see the plugin. Thank you. :)
Integrations QA Analyst

Hey everyone,

Can you try to install the updated plugin at this link?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w037ehcdbum9uu/SubstanceHoudini_20171214.exe?dl=0

And let me know if it works. Thank you for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience. :)
Integrations QA Analyst

Do you happen to have a link for the OSX H16.0 version ? Can't seem to find archives in plugins downloads.

Do you have a timeframe for the VOP switch ? That would be a huge huge game changer.

Do you happen to have a link for the OSX H16.0 version ? Can't seem to find archives in plugins downloads.

Do you have a timeframe for the VOP switch ? That would be a huge huge game changer.

Was just going to ask the two exact same things...

Bst,
Chris

Hey @melmass and @cnoellert ,

Apologies for this. I have links for uploads containing the 16.0 installation files for Windows, Mac, and Linux here https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,21945.0.html

Regarding VOP support, this is still something we really want to do. Unfortunately, I have no news to share on it at this time. :(

Please let me know if there are any issues. Thank you. :)
Integrations QA Analyst

Upvoting this but also, I'm curious why the /mat plug-in is difficult, given how similar Substance's PBR workflow is to principled shading in Houdini.

Hey guys, It's been a couple months, any progress on a Houdini plug-in? ETA?

Hey guys, It's been a couple months, any progress on a Houdini plug-in? ETA?

Hey @kevintraywick@gmail.com ,

At this time there is no ETA on the updated Houdini plugin. I'm sorry I have nothing new to report. :/ We are currently working on other integrations, but we have not forgotten about it and we hope to tackle it in the future.
Integrations QA Analyst