Author Topic: Can Batch Tools convert multiple .png, texture bitmaps to PBR output maps?  (Read 1614 times)

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any insight.
I was wondering if the current batch tools could convert my .png, .jpg, .tiff. bitmap textures and output all necessary maps needed for new PBR materials library?
This way I would have a great start to convert existing material libraries to PBR material libraries.

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any insight.
I was wondering if the current batch tools could convert my .png, .jpg, .tiff. bitmap textures and output all necessary maps needed for new PBR materials library?
This way I would have a great start to convert existing material libraries to PBR material libraries.

Hi,

With the batch tools you can process an SBS file using the Sbsmutator. Here I think you could create a substance that has inputs for your PBR material, then use SBSmutator to feed in your texture files as input to the SBS and then cook that into an sbsar file. https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SB10/Overview

Cheers,
wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,

Thank you for your response!  Now I have another question:

Since I have the initial substance designer material database would you happen to know if there is a way to convert existing .sbs or .sbsar materials individually to be exported as PBR materials without having to tweak individual map settings etc...,?

Hi Wes,

Thank you for your response!  Now I have another question:

Since I have the initial substance designer material database would you happen to know if there is a way to convert existing .sbs or .sbsar materials individually to be exported as PBR materials without having to tweak individual map settings etc...,?

Hi,

You have the original non-pbr database? In this case you wouldn't be able to convert it to PBR as the data is not the same.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thank you for clarifying that.  I recently tried the source database for pbr materials and they are awesome.  I guess I will have to forget the original database, and start over to create pbr materials that are in the base program - and download from the source when I have not reached my limit.

Thanks again!
Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:17:03 pm