Author Topic: Bitmap2Material to Vray  (Read 391 times)

Hey there,
this is a very basic question but I cant find anything specific on the internet. Im wondering where to put all these output maps (like Base Colour/Diffuse, Roughness, Metallic, Specular, Glossiness, Normal/Bump, Height, Displacement, Ambient Occlusion, Opacity) into the Vray Material Node. Hope someone can explain it to me.
Thank you very much in advance!
alexceed

Hey there,
this is a very basic question but I cant find anything specific on the internet. Im wondering where to put all these output maps (like Base Colour/Diffuse, Roughness, Metallic, Specular, Glossiness, Normal/Bump, Height, Displacement, Ambient Occlusion, Opacity) into the Vray Material Node. Hope someone can explain it to me.
Thank you very much in advance!
alexceed

HI,

At this time we don't have a straightforward export option for B2M and vray. What 3D application are you using with vray? I may have some other workaround options for you.

Cheers,
Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

Im using vray with 3ds max. Sorry for the late response

Hi,  

If you are using B2M, the best way (IMHO), is to use the Metal/Rough outputs (if you are in 3ds Max 2017 or higher) and rather than the Vray material, use Max's Physical material (as Vray can render this), and pipe the maps into there given that the Physical material uses a Metal/Rough approach by default. 

I can't give specifics for contractual reasons, but I do know there is a course coming to Lynda.com (not sure of time frame as it is not my course) that covers using SD, SP and B2M with the Vray engine in 3ds Max 2017. 

If you do use the Physical material, you will have to use a composite map to blend the AO map on top of the diffuse as the Physical Material doesn't have an AO input slot. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards 
Joel B. 

Hi, 

If you are using B2M, the best way (IMHO), is to use the Metal/Rough outputs (if you are in 3ds Max 2017 or higher) and rather than the Vray material, use Max's Physical material (as Vray can render this), and pipe the maps into there given that the Physical material uses a Metal/Rough approach by default.

I can't give specifics for contractual reasons, but I do know there is a course coming to Lynda.com (not sure of time frame as it is not my course) that covers using SD, SP and B2M with the Vray engine in 3ds Max 2017.

If you do use the Physical material, you will have to use a composite map to blend the AO map on top of the diffuse as the Physical Material doesn't have an AO input slot.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Joel B.

Thanks Joel! That is very helpful.

Cheers,
Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com