Author Topic: uservoice  (Read 428 times)

I just wanted to post an idea at uservoice

then I got the message "You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas." and the field, where I entered my idea, was reset

this sucks

why would I need votes to suggest a feature?

Yeah I guess that's how uservoice works, since it automatically adds a vote to any new feature. Agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense, I'll see if that's something we can change in Uservoice's settings

I can understand the reasoning behind this though. When you are suggesting something, you are supporting it somehow : I don't see someone suggesting a feature one would not vote for. The alternative would make it possible to have suggestions with zero votes, which would be a bit bizarre. 

But we are limited to, what is it, 10 votes total?  And that includes ones we write ourselves?  That feels so limited, especially considering the long lead-time on some of these requests.

a) You should get a "free vote" for suggestions you initiate.
b) Ten per application would be a helpful improvement.
Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:48:59 pm
Hobbyist

thanks for your thoughts on this

I agree with justaviking, that currently it feels very limited, which might not be the best way to invite users to suggest features.

btw, I wanted to suggest, that SP displays the names of the smart masks used in the layer/mask stack. Because atm, every mask is named the same (MG Mask Editor) - which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Especially when reusing smart masks, this makes reverse engineering impossible.