Author Topic: MODO 11 Series  (Read 1010 times)

Hi,

We now have an official MODO 11 build. Please download from our site at https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download

Happy Modoing : )

Cheers,
Wes
Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 01:50:43 am
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

Opening the user config folder doesn't show anything related to Substance. There is the index.cfg file in the Kits folder however, is this the one that should be replaced?

Opening the user config folder doesn't show anything related to Substance. There is the index.cfg file in the Kits folder however, is this the one that should be replaced?

Hi,

Once you install the substance plugin, you should see a substance folder in the user configs. In that folder is the index.cfg and you can replace that with the one posted above. We are prepping the modo 11 build now and it should go live wed 4/26 on our site.

Cheers,
wes

Hiya.

I just bought 1 mo (to start) MODO 11. Have Substance Live. DL'ed and installed the Substance plugin. As soon as I try Texture --> Create Substance (as per the Substance documentation instructions ( https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/integrations/MODO ), instant crash to desktop with no warning. This happens via Mouse/Dropdown, or Ctrl-Alt-S shortcut. My Substance Live stuff is all working just fine, as in MODO 11.

Am I just an anomaly here, or are others having the same problem?

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Hiya.

I just bought 1 mo (to start) MODO 11. Have Substance Live. DL'ed and installed the Substance plugin. As soon as I try Texture --> Create Substance (as per the Substance documentation instructions ( https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/integrations/MODO ), instant crash to desktop with no warning. This happens via Mouse/Dropdown, or Ctrl-Alt-S shortcut. My Substance Live stuff is all working just fine, as in MODO 11.

Am I just an anomaly here, or are others having the same problem?

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Hi Paul,

You shouldn't be having a crash. Did you download the latest build from our site? https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download? That is the latest build. I will make not of it in this post.

Cheers,
wes

Hiya Wes.

Yes, I uninstalled all my Substance Live stuff, DL'ed the latest from my Downloads/Licenses page, reinstalled. They work fine. I can open Painter 2, Designer 6, Bit2Mat, and all run as expected. I have the latest MODO 11 build as well. Same general thing, uninstalled my old MODO Indie v10, grabbed the latest MODO (full) 11, installed. It runs fine, as expected.

I DL'ed the MODO/SubstancePainter Plugin from here. It installs fine (making sure to run it As Admin) with no errors. It shows up in MODO 11 exactly where it should be. However...the moment I try and Create Substance, MODO disappears in a puff of digital smoke. No error message, no computer slow down, going into Task Manager I can see that there is no MODO Processes running...so it's not "crashing" so much as "instantly exiting". Restarting MODO gives me the "Reload Auto-Save" dialogue box (you know, "It appears that the application did not cleanly exit from..."), with the option to reload Yes/No. If I choose Yes...it doesn't load anything, probably because it didn't have time to save anything.

I also tried to Disable the Substance "Kit" (plugin) in MODO via the "System --> Kit Toggle Enable". Then close MODO. Reopen it. Re-enable the Substance plugin. Close. Reopen MODO. Same thing, no change.

I'm honestly at a loss as to what's going on. I think I'm going to have to resort to a total wipe of MODO and Substance prog's via uninstall, registry editing, deleting all folders, etc. Restart computer, and reinstall all of them again. But that's for later today or tomorrow... no time right now.

If you come up with anything, let me know! :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Hiya Wes.

Yes, I uninstalled all my Substance Live stuff, DL'ed the latest from my Downloads/Licenses page, reinstalled. They work fine. I can open Painter 2, Designer 6, Bit2Mat, and all run as expected. I have the latest MODO 11 build as well. Same general thing, uninstalled my old MODO Indie v10, grabbed the latest MODO (full) 11, installed. It runs fine, as expected.

I DL'ed the MODO/SubstancePainter Plugin from here. It installs fine (making sure to run it As Admin) with no errors. It shows up in MODO 11 exactly where it should be. However...the moment I try and Create Substance, MODO disappears in a puff of digital smoke. No error message, no computer slow down, going into Task Manager I can see that there is no MODO Processes running...so it's not "crashing" so much as "instantly exiting". Restarting MODO gives me the "Reload Auto-Save" dialogue box (you know, "It appears that the application did not cleanly exit from..."), with the option to reload Yes/No. If I choose Yes...it doesn't load anything, probably because it didn't have time to save anything.

I also tried to Disable the Substance "Kit" (plugin) in MODO via the "System --> Kit Toggle Enable". Then close MODO. Reopen it. Re-enable the Substance plugin. Close. Reopen MODO. Same thing, no change.

I'm honestly at a loss as to what's going on. I think I'm going to have to resort to a total wipe of MODO and Substance prog's via uninstall, registry editing, deleting all folders, etc. Restart computer, and reinstall all of them again. But that's for later today or tomorrow... no time right now.

If you come up with anything, let me know! :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Hey Paul,

You don't need to clean the registry or do clean wipe of modo. Can you please try to remove the modo config and start with a new config file. Then, install the latest plugin.

Cheers,
Wes

Hiya!

Tried all that. No effect.

Uninstalled everything to do with MODO and Allegorithmic programs. After reinstalling MODO first, and running it once, then Substance Painter 2 (and run it), Substance Designer 6 (and run it), B2M3 (and run it), then I installed the latest MODO Plugin driver...and...this is where it gets interesting...

During the install run (as Admin, for everything btw)...it starts, gets about 1/4 of the way done (blue progress bar), then it *looks* like it just decides that it's done and tells me everything installed fine. Looking in MODO, under System --> Kit Toggle Enable....there is no Substance to be found.

(Oh, and yeah, I did remove the .cfg and replace it with the above one; I'm also installing everything on my E:\ drive; I have an Allegorithmic folder and a Luxology folder where the programs are being installed to; this is a physical drive on this box, not a network one).

NOTE: One thing I did find out, this crappy computer has a pos video card which I *think* doesn't measure up; it's a 2GB R7 340...shouldn't stop installation though, just running...correct? I mean, It gives me the "This GPU might not be good enough..." when I launch Painter, but it still works good enough for learning at least. My new rig will be here in about three weeks or so...so I'm stuck with this pos temp for a while. :(

Thanks for any/all help. I know how frustrating tech work can be (been there, done that...a long time ago). Freaking Windows OS...I swear trying to troubleshoot is like trying to paint Starry Night, on the side of a horse, with your tongue, in the dark, upside down, while drunk.

Paul

Where can I find the documentation (and or video) for using this new substance plugin for Modo 11? Or is it the same as what was used for previous versions? (which I'm also having difficulty finding) I've been able to import the texture output from Substance Painter to Modo's unreal shader implementation with relative success but I assume this new plugin offers more than that...perhaps better allowing the use of Modo's own PBR shaders thta would be helpful when the final output is more for print and not a game engine.
Thank you for any info.

Where can I find the documentation (and or video) for using this new substance plugin for Modo 11? Or is it the same as what was used for previous versions? (which I'm also having difficulty finding) I've been able to import the texture output from Substance Painter to Modo's unreal shader implementation with relative success but I assume this new plugin offers more than that...perhaps better allowing the use of Modo's own PBR shaders thta would be helpful when the final output is more for print and not a game engine.
Thank you for any info.

Hi,

Please check our new integrations documentation. https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/integrations/Substance+Integrations

Here is the modo link.
https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/integrations/MODO

Let me know if you have any questions. : )

Cheers,
Wes