Author Topic: Rik's Paintbook  (Read 859 times)

Hello.  Sharing some of my Painter textured works.  Looking forward to seeing your art and sharing feedbacks.  Thank you.

Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:54:56 am

Trying the new glow filter.

I really like the airplane picture a lot.  Great work, both technically and artistically.  :)
Hobbyist

Thank you justaviking.

#Zbrush4R8 live booleans + Modo round edge shader (no h-ipoly bake)

Lens flare galore (Iray glare post fx)....to attract the prey of course.   

Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:10:12 am

Work in progress. Just testing the bakes.  I cut the windows (as in boolean cut the mesh) so I can just have a texture set for the windows instead of decaling it.

Fusion 360 test.  Not a lot of planning (or thought  ;D) for the model and materials since I'm new to Fusion CAD modelling and I'm just finding out how to combine it with SP.  Just used one 750K mesh (that was re-meshed in Zbrush) for the bakes.  Second image is from Fusion 360 (same model with additional details).

Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:04:45 am

Continuing my experimentation with Fusion 360-SP workflow.

This time I skipped remeshing in Zbrush and imported the Fusion .stl file into Modo instead. So the polycount that I have below is the original 10k from the CAD file.  I baked a rounded edge normal map in Modo and used that as the base normal map in Painter.  Detailing was using stock alphas with different brush settings and brush stroked in the height and normal channels. Like in the first test, I just did this quickly for the test than going for a cohesive design.

First image is with normal map off.  Second, rounded edge normal map turned on.

Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:28:16 pm

Fusion 360 sketch

That's a very cool look.  I like the appearance of the material.
Hobbyist

Thanks for checking it out justaviking.

Yeah, between the stock smart materials, masks and Iray there's a lot to work with.  And that's even before you go to Photoshop  ;D

In this video I just did the zremeshing in zbrush, normal and ao bakes in SP. VR authoring in Unity and scanned sculpt sources by my freelance clients.

Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:32:35 am