Author Topic: How to use Substance in Toolbag 2  (Read 23114 times)

Wow, that was great to know.
Thanks a lot Fabian, coming from the VFX end, there is lot of stuff to learn on the game realm.

I will look up parallax displacements. Sound damn interesting. I have seen parallax map for eye though.

Would this also work for texturing for Marmoset 2? I don't need to use Substances, but it would be great to texture for it.

Hey kashif.c.riley,

I am not quite sure what your question actually is, can you please specify that?

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

I am asking if I create textures inside of SP and use them for Marmoset Toolbag, will they work or will I need slight modifications?

Hey Kashif,

sorry for the late reply, the Gamescom in Cologne was consuming my time. Just returned from it today, man it was exhausting ;)

The Setup for Substance Painter maps should not differ from the setup I explained above. If you encounter any problems, though, please feel free to ask or describe them here and we will work it out together.

Best Regards

Thanks for the cool tip and guide ! Was confused when exporting maps to marmoset.
Thanks Bro

Thank you!

Yesterday I was looking for this - today I found!

Kia ora

Doing the substance export. I followed instactions as Wes say and turn off each Graph, I got two to export and the third and fourth

did the following

Code: [Select]
launch application:
   P:/Programs/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/bin64/sbscooker.exe --input D:/Kiwi-Hawk/My Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/OuptPut/Selene_Suit.sbs --includes P:/Programs/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/resources/packages --output-path C:/Users/Kiwi-Hawk/AppData/Local/Temp/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer --output-name Selene_Suit_(Buckles) --expose-output-size 0 --expose-random-seed 1 --expose-pixel-size 0 --size-limit 12
Execution failed ! (Exit Code: -1073741819)

Output:

Substance Cooker 5.2.5 build 16827 (Oct 21 2015)

Found default packages at: P:/Programs/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/resources/packages
     Flattening...
     Front End...
     Back End...
wrn: Size out of bounds:
wrn:    Size: 1x1
wrn:    From Graph: pkg://Bronze_Buckles?dependency=1238214931
wrn: Size out of bounds:
wrn:    Size: 1x1
wrn:    From Graph: pkg://Bronze_Buckles?dependency=1238214931
     Create SBSAR...
     Writing file 'C:/Users/Kiwi-Hawk/AppData/Local/Temp/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/Selene_Suit_(Buckles).sbsar'...

Beats me as it the same file no changes cept the turning on and off the graphs and weirdly enough the first two where the body textures seemingly much more in them than straps and buckles

Thanks for the help BTW

I CANNOT bring in a substance into marmoset it wont work i create my material publish as an sbsar open marmoset create a material using all the correct pbr metalness options go to the bottom select substance select the material i created and NOTHING happens it comes into substace painter but not marmoset what the fuck????????

Hey dodgechris79,

can you share both the SBS and SBSAR files with me? I could take a look find out what the issue is, hopefully.

Best Regards

I CANNOT bring in a substance into marmoset it wont work i create my material publish as an sbsar open marmoset create a material using all the correct pbr metalness options go to the bottom select substance select the material i created and NOTHING happens it comes into substace painter but not marmoset what the fuck????????
yes,I have the same problem. i have two sbsbar,but  one can't import  toolbag? why    it's a bug?

HI,

Are you using Substance Designer 6? Toolbag hasn't been updated to the SD6 engine. We don't handle the toolbag integration. The marmoset team is working on an update. Without the update, substances published in SD6 which use nodes specific to the SD6 engine will not work.

In Designer, you can go to the Preferences>Projects and set the compatibility mode to SD5. This will highlight nodes in your graph which will not work in toolbag.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja