Author Topic: Substance Source: Architecture Library "Ceramic" issue  (Read 543 times)

We have been trying to integrate the entire Substance Source catalog that we purchased into Substance Designer. We have downloaded both the "Standard" and "Architecture" SBAR and have been successful on all of the categories except Architecture "Ceramic". We generally set the definition to "graph" "url" "contains" (path). However nothing shows up. When we switch it to "all" "url" "contains" we get giant red X on all of the substances. When we drag them into the graph some load, but most give us a fail to load file and failed to create package error. As a work around we are using the "sbs" files until the "SBAR" files can be fixed.

Thanks,
Austin Reed

Are you using Substance Designer 5.x? The architecture materials were exported as sbsar using Substance Designer 6, so they won't be compatible with 5.x.

We are using Substance 6.0.4 and have compatibility mode set to v6 in our project settings. Additionally when we just path it to the Architecture ceramic sbs files that we downloaded it reads them just fine.
Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:28:02 pm

@JeremieNoguer can you verify that the sbsar files that you provide in my "architecture" substance source actually work on your machines directly loaded as a library in Designer? They show up in Painter, but not designer. Something is off with these files and I can't figure out what it is directly. Feel free to contact me offline to resolve this.

Thanks,
Austin Reed

Hi Amreed3D,

I tried to reproduce your set up for your custom library but I have no issue finding sbsar.
Can you send me your log file please ?
You will find it in 'Help' -> 'export log file'

Thanks !
QA Analyst

Celine,

Here is my log file.

Thanks,
Austin Reed

Celine,

I've attached another log file of when I changed my library to read "all" "url" "Contains" "D:\Perforce\Substance_Materials\SubstanceSource\Painter\materials\Architecture\Ceramic" try and then drag one of the ceramic "sbsar" files into the open graph and it threw the attached error. Hope this helps. I still think it has something to do with the data that is bundled in the arch viz download in my account. As the one working sbsar file is the one test file that I downloaded directly from the Substance Source website. All the error "ceramic" files are from the zip file I downloaded from my account.

Austin Reed
Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:29:42 pm

Celine,

Just checking in to see if you had an answer yet or if you needed something else from me.

Thanks,
Austin Reed

Hi,

I sent you a PM for more info !
QA Analyst