Author Topic: Painter and Designer upgrade and Substance Share access info  (Read 130 times)

Hi Allegorithmic, i own a Substance Painter and Designer Indie Licence but i'm not able to understand how substance Source work and i've two questions:

-i've already upgraded Painter to ver 2017.1; for receive updates after 30/09/2017 do i need to purchase the upgrade? same for Designer?

-Substance Share: i can't download any material in addition to those i've already free downloaded. But in Share's FAQ i'm reading that who own an indie licence can download 30 assets / month.

How to manage this?

Thanks

Hi,

I think you are mixing Substance Share and Substance Source.

Substance Share: you can download any materials.
Substance Source: you need to subscribe to the Substance offer for $19.90 per month to get 30 downloads per month.

Regarding the upgrade:
- if you have Substance Painter 2, you don't need to purchase anything, as you have free updates up to September 30, 2017.
- If you have a license of Substance Designer 6, you have free updates up to June 30, 2018

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO

Hi,

I think you are mixing Substance Share and Substance Source.

Substance Share: you can download any materials.
Substance Source: you need to subscribe to the Substance offer for $19.90 per month to get 30 downloads per month.

Regarding the upgrade:
- if you have Substance Painter 2, you don't need to purchase anything, as you have free updates up to September 30, 2017.
- If you have a license of Substance Designer 6, you have free updates up to June 30, 2018

Cheers,

Yep sorry i've confused them!

So for Substance Source i must subscribe but since i've already two indie licences isn't too fair for me: if i knew this i could have subscribed to the beginning but in this way i'm going to have wasted my money since i've bought 2 licences that would be "doubled" by my subscription don't you think?

Hi,

In your case, you have a special discount to subscribe at $9.95 per month for 6 months, then $19.90/month.
You could wait for October to do it, after the maintenance period of your Substance Painter. That way, you won't have the feeling to be double paying for it :)

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO

Understood, thanks!  :D