Author Topic: Artwork - 月 (Tsuki)  (Read 1094 times)

Hi Texturing pals!

I'd like to share with you some of the textures created in Substance Designer for my last Artwork:

One of the goal of this project was to create most of the textures procedurally in Substance Designer. Only the face textures were created with Painter and the moon and cloud design painted in Photoshop.

Eyes:

Traffic signs:

During environment research I also worked on a leaf texture, this time I used some help from 3ds Max to create the main veins of the leaf that I exported from a GrowFX experience:

Results in Mental Ray:

What I enjoyed the most was trying to find a way to create patterns, here is the one printed on the belt of the character:

I guess some of you may have a quicker way to create this wave pattern, I'm all ears!

The lantern mesh is pretty simple, all the details comes, here again, from normal and displacement textures:

Displacement and auto illumination were used for building facade creation:

In the past I had a 3dsmax tile map workflow to create illuminated windows giving the illusion of life in building, however, due to complex map settings, Max couldn't display in the viewport in realtime the results, therefore I had to run render again and again. I decided to transpose my workflow in SD playing with multiple tile generator and it worked like a charm.
Here is clear view of the background building:

To end this post, some iRay and Marmoset Toolbag detail render of the clothes:

I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Thanks again to Allegorithmic team to tremendously speed up our texturing process!
Portfolio: www.moonday.fr
Geekfolio: www.blog.moonday.fr

OMG! this is fantastic!

Stunning work!

Just wonderful!

Yeah, that cloth... Wow!
Hobbyist

Omg amazing :O

Thanks guys!

Here is the making of finally edited, available in English and Omelette du fromage: http://www.moonday.fr/tsuki-mo/
Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:34:22 am

My god the fabric looks amazing. Well done!

I'm wondering how you felt about doing the signs procedurally. Thank goodness for the text node right?  I've never tried something like that, did the procedural-ness help a lot?

My god the fabric looks amazing. Well done!

I'm wondering how you felt about doing the signs procedurally. Thank goodness for the text node right?  I've never tried something like that, did the procedural-ness help a lot?

Thanks!

At first I had to force my brain to only use SD to create all the graphics and texts because I knew it would be easier after the base text creation to freely move and adjust all elements instead of going back and forth with another 2D graphics editing software. Therefore YES it helped a lot :D

By the way, does anybody knows if there is a way to move, in a transform node, the elements with arrows of the keyboard instead of using the mouse or enter values?

PS: I edited the making of link from my last post