Author Topic: 2d transform that could use a specified center to scale around  (Read 75 times)

That feature exists in almost every image editor: Photoshop, Photoline , Affinity Photo and so on and on.
Absence  of such a basic thing makes  any precise scaling is so painful in SD. 

Even PixaFlux got that some time ago.  I bet it's not a super complicated thing to do math wise but I can't figure out how

That feature exists in almost every image editor: Photoshop, Photoline , Affinity Photo and so on and on.
Absence  of such a basic thing makes  any precise scaling is so painful in SD. 

Even PixaFlux got that some time ago.  I bet it's not a super complicated thing to do math wise but I can't figure out how

Hey, this is what you are looking for:
https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/27

Well. It's absolutely not what I'm  talking about.  Honestly I even don't understand what extra this utility could give me beyond regular 2d transform.   

What I asked is ability to scale not around a center of an image  but rather any arbitrary point within that image or beyond it.   Same as with rotating and that small circle that I could place whenever I want.    Basically   just using same circle probably but working for scaling too.

To name other soft that can do it : 

PixaFlux
Fusion 
Photoshop ( with digits input)
Xara  ( with digits input)
Affinity Photo 1.6 (with Ctrl)
Affinity Designer 1.6
Photoline

I can't even understand how such a basic thing could be missed.  I asked it many times already  , since version 2 probably.
A lack of it makes any precise composing of complex things in SD such a pain in the ...   

Sure it should be pretty simple math since any 3d tool could do it too  and I doubt it's anything restricted by a patent.