Author Topic: plugin- odd behavior with sbsar, and no params  (Read 208 times)

Hi,

I just made a material in substance designer and am trying to load the sbsar into maya to use with vray.

My substance has several output nodes with the usage set to 'Mask'.  Following this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZr0Snarfc I would be happy to share my substance file to help troubleshoot

In Maya, the substance plugin fails to read the different masks and gives me an error- "item 'mask' already exists in the treeview." and so it only loads 1, when I have x4 in my substance that I need.

At first it seems like a naming conflict but in substance I have unique identifier/labels (Mask_vertical, Mask_horizontal, Additional, and Variation)

So how can I get my substance plugin inside maya to read these based on the 'identifier/ label' and not based on the 'usage'?

I would like to keep this through the substance plugin within maya to have control over certain parameters I have set in my substance. 

Also, why don't any of my parameters show up? :/

Hi,

I just made a material in substance designer and am trying to load the sbsar into maya to use with vray.

My substance has several output nodes with the usage set to 'Mask'.  Following this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZr0Snarfc I would be happy to share my substance file to help troubleshoot

In Maya, the substance plugin fails to read the different masks and gives me an error- "item 'mask' already exists in the treeview." and so it only loads 1, when I have x4 in my substance that I need.

At first it seems like a naming conflict but in substance I have unique identifier/labels (Mask_vertical, Mask_horizontal, Additional, and Variation)

So how can I get my substance plugin inside maya to read these based on the 'identifier/ label' and not based on the 'usage'?

I would like to keep this through the substance plugin within maya to have control over certain parameters I have set in my substance. 

Also, why don't any of my parameters show up? :/

Hi,

Can you send us the SBS file and we can take a look.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja