Author Topic: Workflow for making hair  (Read 727 times)

Hi everyone,

I really want to know the workflow for making hair in Substance Painter. So far I've only seen the video that explains the fur and hair tool in a well-explained manner. I was wondering if there are any other methods to making hair? So far I've only used Photoshop to piece hair together, but I want to use the renderer that comes with Substance Painter.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I really want to know the workflow for making hair in Substance Painter. So far I've only seen the video that explains the fur and hair tool in a well-explained manner. I was wondering if there are any other methods to making hair? So far I've only used Photoshop to piece hair together, but I want to use the renderer that comes with Substance Painter.

Thanks!

Hi,

What type of hair are you looking to create? You can use polygon plains with the opacity shader, or use more of a sculpted hair and just paint on that. I've used both of these methods.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks for the reply! I almost gave up checking on this post after so long :p

I'm leaning towards the sculpted hair but I'm not sure how to paint it. There's not a lot of tutorials in detail on how it's done.