Author Topic: SAT broken, unable to parse latest substance files  (Read 141 times)

Hi, I recently updated to latest Substance Designer 1.1.0.201710 and when using SAT which I also downloaded same time to this system via licenses page, it gave an error about parsing the doc, though not much information as to why. I used the demo code from the docs to make a basic substance file, this parsed fine, when opening the sbs into Substance Designer to investigate I'm prompted that the file is 1.1.0.20174 and needs to update to the latest format.

I suspect things like pixel ratio stretch are the cause for breakage? Is it possible to downgrade an sbs file or the sbs files I've updated/saved and created via Substance Designer are unable to be handled via SAT until an updated API is released by Allegorithmic? This is something we need to resolve asap due to client work, advice on how to approach resolving this problem if an update is not available for SAT any time soon would be greatly appreciated.

Both versions on the website say: 2017.2.1, the API zip installed is Pysbs-2017.2.1.zip. Substance reports it's version as 2017.2.1
Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:52:47 am

Hi,

This is going to be fixed in a release next week.
We messed up the build version names for the last version of the Automation toolkit  meaning there are 2017.2 builds of the Automation toolkit out that are not compatible with SD 2017.2. In the future you can see file format compatibility in those numbers.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. There should be a new build out next week solving this.

Regards
David

Hi,

This is going to be fixed in a release next week.
We messed up the build version names for the last version of the Automation toolkit  meaning there are 2017.2 builds of the Automation toolkit out that are not compatible with SD 2017.2. In the future you can see file format compatibility in those numbers.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. There should be a new build out next week solving this.

Regards
David

Hi David,

I still do not see an update available for this. Is there a way to revert the .sbs file to an older version that would be compatible with SAT? A client project is blocked until SAT can be used on our sbs template file to process a large amount of data.

Any updates on progress would be wonderful, thank you.

The release is out now so you should be able to use it now.
Don't forget to install the new pip package after installing the new version.

The release is out now so you should be able to use it now.
Don't forget to install the new pip package after installing the new version.

Working great, thanks David!