Author Topic: Maya 2018 Substance Plugin - Beta Release  (Read 212 times)

Hey guys,

We are working on a new version of the Maya 2018 substance plugin. We now have a beta version which updates the current plugin to work with Maya 2018. The Windows, Mac, and Linux installers are now available at https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download.

Note that this is a beta, but we wanted to get something out to our Maya users as fast as we could.

UPDATE:
Now supports Maya 2018
Substance Preferences menu
 - can set default workflow for substances
 - can set output cache location and bake format
Various crash fixes

KNOWN ISSUES:
The Substance Preferences menu has slight UX issues. This will be updated in a future iteration of the plugin.

If there are any issues/concerns/suggestions for the plugin, please post here and let us know!  :)

Keston
Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:26:27 pm
Integrations QA Analyst
keston.gregory@allegorithmic.com

Hi keston,
The new plug-in is awesome. Congratulations to the team. Tested with Maya 2018.
- Correct color management settings and the Alpha is Luminance is turned on by default where necessary.
- The generated file nodes are named properly! (thank you)
- File type selector also working. :)

Only one thing is missing the Alpha Offset: -0.5 for the Height map (this is usually necessary).

Is there any chance to generate 16 bit/channel maps?

Really great update.
Cheers, D
Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:09:18 pm
I'm an Environment Artist and R&D Generalist at Digic Pictures

Hi keston,
The new plug-in is awesome. Congratulations to the team. Tested with Maya 2018.
- Correct color management settings and the Alpha is Luminance is turned on by default where necessary.
- The generated file nodes are named properly! (thank you)
- File type selector also working. :)

Only one thing is missing the Alpha Offset: -0.5 for the Height map (this is usually necessary).

Is there any chance to generate 16 bit/channel maps?

Really great update.
Cheers, D

Hi Denes!

Thanks very much! We are working on new features. We also added the ability to set the baked output connections to the user project or a custom location. You can set this in the new preferences menu.

Thanks for the suggestion for the alpha offset: -0.5. We will add that. For the 16 bit, you should be getting 16 bit textures with the greyscale maps. Do you need 16 bit color? In that case, you need to be on the GPU engine. The CPU engine can only produce 8 bit color and 16 bit greyscale.

Cheers,
wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

With the latest release I've got some new bugs.
For example: The automatic Height map connection (as displacement) is not working anymore (of course Classic workflow).

Cheers, D
Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:45:44 pm

Hi Wes,
Are you working on the Render engine specific shader and automatic connection feature?
Cheers, D