Author Topic: Substance Link Material Error  (Read 967 times)

I'm using Substance Link with Unity in order to paint on a model I bought. In Substance Painter I get this error:

[Plugin - unity-link] Material is not correctly linked with Unity

Any idea what it means and how to prevent it? In Unity the original materials are okay in the viewer. I even created a new material and assigned it to the mesh, same error. What is the requirement for linking a material correctly with Unity?

Any update???

I'm still Google searching....

I'm using Substance Link with Unity in order to paint on a model I bought. In Substance Painter I get this error:

[Plugin - unity-link] Material is not correctly linked with Unity

Any idea what it means and how to prevent it? In Unity the original materials are okay in the viewer. I even created a new material and assigned it to the mesh, same error. What is the requirement for linking a material correctly with Unity?

Hi,

The materials you create in Unity will not transfer to Painter. The only materials that can transfer are the materials embedded in the model (FBX or OBJ). If you have a mesh with materials and then create a new Unity material, apply it to the mesh and transfer, it won't work.

Cheers,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I apply the material that is created with importing the mesh, then I stick some textures in the texture slots. But in substance painter there are no textures, just a blank mesh and I paint textures and send it back and it works. Can it only work with textures created with substance painter during the live link?