Author Topic: Unity 2018.1 Support  (Read 254 times)

Whats going on with Substance and Unity3d? The current Beta 11 says:

"Substance: Deprecated built-in support for Substance Designer materials. This support will be removed in 2018.1. To continue using Substance Designer materials in Unity 2018.1, you need to install a suitable third-party external importer from the Asset Store."

Will Allegorithmic be offering said importer before 2018.1 is released?

"Substance: Deprecated built-in support for Substance Designer materials. This support will be removed in 2018.1. To continue using Substance Designer materials in Unity 2018.1, you need to install a suitable third-party external importer from the Asset Store."

Hi,

Yes, we will be providing the full and official Substance plugin that will be available on the Unity Asset Store. We are currently working on an announcement with Unity they will share in a blog post. Our new plugin will release with the public build of 2018.1.

We want to fully control the release cycle and schedule. With the external plugin, we will no longer be reliant on Unity to add the updates of the plugin to the Unity engine. This means we will be able to best serve our users by providing immediate updates to the Substance Engine when new features are added to Designer.

Please know, we are taking this route so we can best server our Unity Substance users. If you have any concerns or questions, please let us know.

Cheers,
wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

Yes, we will be providing the full and official Substance plugin that will be available on the Unity Asset Store. We are currently working on an announcement with Unity they will share in a blog post. Our new plugin will release with the public build of 2018.1.

We want to fully control the release cycle and schedule. With the external plugin, we will no longer be reliant on Unity to add the updates of the plugin to the Unity engine. This means we will be able to best serve our users by providing immediate updates to the Substance Engine when new features are added to Designer.

Please know, we are taking this route so we can best server our Unity Substance users. If you have any concerns or questions, please let us know.

Cheers,
wes

Do you know if also the Dynamic Material Layering in Unity will changed in the future ?
Because in that case, now I have a few problem with it, and I would prefer waiting and work to other things
Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:00:54 pm

I guess this means better for Unity users. I have one feature request for the said plugin. Substance is great for generating texture within Unity, but sometimes I would like to export as bitmaps instead. I know we can use substance player to do this, but it would be much much better if we can just do it inside Unity.

This is excellent news!! Unity's lag in adding support for the SD6 format was pretty extreme.

I hope this means GPU engine support!!  ;D

I'm actually really happy about this, when I read the beta release notes I was hoping that meant you guys were taking over the plugin support in the same way you guys do the Unreal support.

Thanks guys for all your hard work.