Author Topic: Houdini 16.5 Plugin Update  (Read 5811 times)

Hey guys,

Since I've basically been taking shots in the dark here, can you do me a favor?

1. Open Windows System Properties and click on Environment Variables.
2. Add a new Environment Variable: HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR with a value of 1. (see below)

3. Open Houdini and see if there are any errors seen in the log.
4. If there are no errors in the log, change the value to 2. Then to open Houdini again.
5. If there are no errors in the log, change the value to 3. Then open Houdini again.

EDIT: More detailed steps (for the same process) below:

1. In the Windows Task Bar type 'Environment Variables'. Click on 'Edit the System Environment Variables'.

2. The 'System Properties' menu should now pop up. Click the 'Environment Variables' button at the bottom right of the popup.

3. You should now be in the 'Environment Variables' menu. Click on the 'New' button at the bottom of the popup under the 'System Variables' section.

4. Add a New System Variable. In the 'Variable Name' enter: HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR and in the 'Variable Value' enter: 1.

5. Click 'OK' on all of the menus so it saves the variable.
6. Now open Houdini (with the Substance 16.5 plugin installed) and see if any errors pop up with the log.
7. If there are no errors, then open the 'Environment Variables' menu again.
8. Scroll down in the 'System Variables' menu, and find 'HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR'.
9. Click on it and click the 'Edit' button.

10. In the 'Edit System Variable' menu, enter a 'Variable Value' of 2 instead.
11. Open Houdini again.
12. If there are no error pop ups yet again, then repeat steps 7-11, but this time by entering a value of 3.

This will help us narrow down the problem. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. :)
Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:54:02 pm
Integrations QA Analyst

Hey keston, will try to do your log thing within a couple of days, will keep you updated asap.
Akira 'glitchigami' S.

Sent you an email to the address in your signature
Akira 'glitchigami' S.

Hey everyone,

I believe we may have isolated the problem. Can you try installing this new Houdini 16.5 plugin from this link?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w037ehcdbum9uu/SubstanceHoudini_20171214.exe?dl=0

Just for clarity's sake, delete the Substance folder and substance.dll file out of the Houdini165/dso folder before you install. Just in case there are any conflicts.

And let me know if it works for you. :) Again, thank you for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:31:38 pm
Integrations QA Analyst

It's work. Thank you.

Sorry for the slow response, keston. I tried the plugin from your dropbox link and it works for me. Thanks for the help :)

Sorry for the slow response, keston. I tried the plugin from your dropbox link and it works for me. Thanks for the help :)

Hey visalapol and BenTec,

Great! That is very good to hear. :)
Integrations QA Analyst

16.5 when render with mantra it says can't find shader.
and why can't substance work in Houdini like in Max? which you can choose which channel goes to material channel, so that you can use it with native mantra material(with key framed parameters).
Hey everyone,

We have updated the Houdini plugin on the website. It is now available here:
https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download

Changelog:
- Added Houdini 16.5 Support
- Various bug and crash fixes

Thanks!  :)

Keston

Hello, I  downloaded the plugin to check Houdini and SD workflow on linux.
the plugin ran and I was able to load an .sbsar file into Houdini and preview in Mantra.
but I don't understand how the plugin work, it just gives me this node inside the Shop context not even in the new material network, tried double-clicking the node maybe I see the network or the shader and maps connection, tried switching to redshift render and the material ended it up being just a white texture.
I find the integration as is very lacking, are there any plans to develop this any further.
Thanks a lot for your time.
Best Regards

Ahmed Barakat

I feel your pain. The Houdini plugin could sure need some attention.

-b

I feel your pain. The Houdini plugin could sure need some attention.

-b

+1

Can you please repost a link to the houdini 16.5 plugin , thanks