Author Topic: Houdini 16.5 Plugin Update  (Read 346 times)

Hey everyone,

We have updated the Houdini plugin on the website. It is now available here:
https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download

Changelog:
- Added Houdini 16.5 Support
- Various bug and crash fixes

Thanks!  :)

Keston
Integrations QA Analyst
keston.gregory@allegorithmic.com

Cool! Thanks, team!

upd:

does not seem to work, no 'custom' tab in SHOP network
Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:14:02 pm
Akira 'glitchigami' S.

I just downloaded and installed the Substance Plugin for Houdini 16.5.
When loading Houdini I get this error (please, see the attachment). Houdini version is 16.5.268. What is wrong?

Thanks.

Hey, devs, do you actually care? Seriously.

Hey, devs, do you actually care? Seriously.

Hey iam83,

I'm sorry that you are having problems with the plugin. I assure you, we do care. We are not having this issue on our end and are trying to narrow it down. Can you try installing the 2015 C++ redistributable at this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=52685 and try running Houdini again?
Integrations QA Analyst

Hello, I want to give Substance a try but I am getting the same error as iam83.
When I tried to install the 2015 C++ redistributable from your link it said it couldn't install it because a newer version is already installed.
I am using Houdini Indie. Maybe that's the problem?

Hey BenTec, no it shouldn't be a problem, it worked fine in H16 indie.

keston, I do already have it installed. It simply does not show up in SHOP networks. No errors, no nothing.
Akira 'glitchigami' S.

I tried it with H16 Indie and it works. But with 16.5 Indie I get the same error message as iam83.
Managed to install the 2015 C++ redistributable from Keston's link after uninstalling a different version first. Didn't help either.

I tried it with H16 Indie and it works. But with 16.5 Indie I get the same error message as iam83.
Managed to install the 2015 C++ redistributable from Keston's link after uninstalling a different version first. Didn't help either.

Hey BenTec,

Hmm. We are currently trying to find solutions with SideFX for this issue. No news yet, but we are actively working on it. I apologize for the inconvenience. :(
Integrations QA Analyst

keston, I don't see the custom tab in SHOP network, I have the 2015redist installed.
Worked out of the box in H16, doesn't work in H16.5

Hopefully it will get resolved soon
Akira 'glitchigami' S.

@glitchigami @BenTec @iam83 ,

Have you installed Houdini to another location (other than the C:\ drive)? The Houdini 16.5 installer by default installs the plugin to a folder in My Documents (C:\Users\**user**\Documents\houdini16.5\dso\).

If Houdini is installed in another location then the Substance folder and the substance.dll will have to either be moved manually or the plugin reinstalled to the location of the dso folder (i.e. **your install path**\houdini\dso). Let me know if this works for you guys. :)
Integrations QA Analyst

My Houdini install is in the default folder that you pointed.

I appreciate you trying to help keston, but really it simply just does not work. It simply did work in H16, and now does not. I did not do anything custom or interesting, my setup is as default as it gets.
Akira 'glitchigami' S.

Same here. Houdini is installed in the default location and the substance files are at the right place.
The workstation is new so it was a fresh Houdini install. No custom tweaking whatsoever. Everything is at default.
The system I am running is
AMD Threadripper 1950X
Asrock Fatality x399
64Gb GSkill RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Samsung 960 Pro
Windows 10

I would like to be able to give you more informations for trouble shooting but there really isnt anything else I could tell you.
The error message I get has already been posted by iam83, the 2015 C++ redist from your link is installed, everything is installed at the default location. No custom settings or tweaks or scripts or anything.

Any updates?
I am having the same issue --> substance shader not showing up in custom.

ska

Hello, i have also the same issue. Houdini 16.5 Apprentice.