Author Topic: Getting this error, Substance UE4 Live link  (Read 1380 times)

[Script] file:///C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/plugins/dcc-live-link/main.qml:274: TypeError: Cannot read property 'materials' of undefined

any ideas?
Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:56:43 am

I'm getting this exact same issue and haven't found a solution yet! Posting here in hopes someone knows a solution

[Script] file:///C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/plugins/dcc-live-link/main.qml:274: TypeError: Cannot read property 'materials' of undefined

any ideas?

Have you tried the workaround? (This is if you don't have the source fbx)

1. Right click on the asset in the content browser and go to Asset Actions - Export.
2. Make sure Collision is turned off under the Static Mesh section on the Export dialogue. (can leave LOD on or off)
3. Export the fbx somewhere.
4. Right click on the asset in the content browser again and click Reimport.
5. Choose the mesh that you just exported.
6. Send to Painter should now work.

This process will be automated in the future, but this is the current workaround at the moment.
Integrations QA Analyst

The workaround you explained kind of works but unfortanetly not quite, the object gets loaded into Painter but I always get this error no matter what I do.

The last two lines. Just the colour and normal maps are exported into UE4.

The workaround you explained kind of works but unfortanetly not quite, the object gets loaded into Painter but I always get this error no matter what I do.

The last two lines. Just the colour and normal maps are exported into UE4.

Hey @Mac3D ,

Have you updated the UE4 plugin? There has recently been a update with various live link fixes and an automated workaround for the above steps I listed (so those steps wouldn't even be necessary anymore).
Integrations QA Analyst

The update seems to work fine now, thanks!