Author Topic: Substance Indie license file expires every month  (Read 128 times)

Hi there,

So currently our studio has some monthly rolling license which makes sense for it to say X amount of days left, but when the next month arrives, I'm finding I have to re-download the same keyfile so reactivate the software. Is this correct? Seeing as the license key appears to be the same surely should it not just check online if it's been renewed?

Cheers,
Danny

Hi,

This is the right behavior, as the license is renewed at each payment.
If you want to avoid it, you would need to activate the software by choosing "activate with an Allegorithmic account" and enter your credentials. It will then automatically update the file every month.

Cheers,
Director of Product Management & COO

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the speedy reply! I thought as much, mentioned this to our technical director and his thoughts were if it would be possible to stream line that even more. So rather than our studio having an account with multiple subscriptions on, where we then either download the new key each month to our machines or have that main account logged on to each machine. To instead be able to allocate subscriptions to users, so that all the billing and management of the subscriptions goes though our main account, but then each user has their own account that then is allocated a licence from the main account? <hopefully that all makes sense.

Cheers,
Danny

Hi Danny,

Being able to allocate / assign subscriptions is what we are planning to have, but it's not possible for the moment.

Cheers,

That's the kind of answer we like to hear! :) Any time frame on this at all or is it a 'whenever possible'?

No time frame for the moment.