Author Topic: I imported my mesh and I can't paint on it  (Read 61 times)

Hello all,   :D

I imported my low poly mesh into Substance Painter 2017 3.0. I can't paint on the mesh in 3D mode. I can apply paint onto the UVs, but if I paint on one shell, the paint gets on the other shells. There are no overlapping shells. Furthermore, I can't paint on UDIM tiles except the first 0-1 UV tile.

The log says "[Scene 3D] OBJ: unexpected illumination model (0-2 recognized)"

I don't know what this means, exactly. I suspect it has to do with UVs, but I thought Substance supported UDIM.

What am I doing wrong?  :'(

I attached some pictures for reference.

Thanks in advance!

Painter does not really support UDIMS, but you can set Painter to create a TextureSet per UDIM. Its a checkbox in the 'New Project' dialog that you need to activate before importing the mesh.

There is no way that paint will be applied to multiple areas of a mesh without overlapping UVs.

No idea about the error message, but you should attach a log file to your posting (Help -> Export Log).

Can you share the mesh?
Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:21:03 pm

Please read the documentation for the UDIM workflow : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/UDIM
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.