Author Topic: mdl utilities [SOLVED]  (Read 361 times)

Hello,
I just have made a brand new install in my GNU/Linux Debian Sid, dezipping as root in /opt/Allegorithmic/Substance_Automation_Toolkit/ as recommended.

I have also installed the python lib via pip install, everyrthing has been smooth and ok so far.

So I tried one of the first demos and I got two WRN when doing "python demohelloworld.py" (which BTW output correctly the file, no problem).

Code: [Select]
[WARNING][pysbs.context] Warning, the mdl default library has not been found, you may have trouble when processing MDL graphs using the API
[WARNING][pysbs.context] Warning, mdltools executable has not been found, you won't be able to read or create MDL graph with the API

Should I worry ? Do something else ? Is there some special manipulations for MDL utilities ?

All the best.
Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:31:15 pm

Well, I should create a RTFM substance I presume : it was just a path problem.

I include the answer here, just in case someone else encounter the trouble.

Even if you use the default folder for your installation, you must declare the SDAPI_SATPATH in your .bashrc. I just have added the following lines in mine :
Code: [Select]
################ Substance Automation Toolkit (SAT) PATH ################
export SDAPI_SATPATH="/opt/Allegorithmic/Substance_Automation_Toolkit"

And everything worked perfectly. You can close this thread :)

Hello, thanks for including the solution.

When you will be writing your own script, if you don't want to declare an environment variable you can also declare the installation path of Substance Automation Toolkit once, at the beginning of your script, using the static function:

Context.setAutomationToolkitInstallPath("/opt/Allegorithmic/Substance_Automation_Toolkit")