Author Topic: Import bug  (Read 1009 times)

So this is the first time that it happened to me - the substance I made just won't open correctly with the new plugin. It's a simple black brick material. The old one has no problems with it (it's the upper one). I have literally no idea what the reason could be but I could upload the whole graph if it is needed, just let me know. I use max 2018. I attached a screen shot.


Hi @visometria_mielnik,
I believe I can help.  :D If you upload the graph, I would be more than happy to look into this issue.

Cheers!
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

Sure, thanks for looking into it. While you're here would you be so kind and look into this material as well? Uploading screenshots and graphs here. This time the substance won't work with none of the plugins and the procedural data that I put out won't work either.

Links to sbs files in my dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypykqjs92x7y8bw/stroeher_456_schwarzblau.sbs?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tigxrfsqpfi4y6p/pompei_stones_02.sbs?dl=0



Hi @visometria_mielnik,
I was able to pull up the first Substance mentioned in the upcoming 1.0 release of the plugin. This issue no longer appears to be present with the new update. Here are my current results:



The results may not be 100% what was expected as there were dependecies used within the .sbs that we didn't have. This Substance was only missing one dependecy but it could still have an impact.

The second Substance you asked me to take a loot at was also missing dependecies and was missing enough where I felt that I wouldn't have an accurate test. Would you be able to publish each .sbsar so that I can confirm these have been fixed?  :D

Cheers!
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

Hey Dan thanks for the reply! Yes this looks good definetely :D So as I understand the best way to solve the problem is to just wait for the update? Any hints when that could be? :D Substance has become a key part of my work with 3ds max so I'd love to have it running smoothly with those 4/8k outputs. I'm attaching a sbsar to the second substance so it'd be great if you'd check it too :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y7eya39uyejcap/river_stone_2.sbsar?dl=0
Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:35:30 am

Hey Dan thanks for the reply! Yes this looks good definetely :D So as I understand the best way to solve the problem is to just wait for the update? Any hints when that could be? :D Substance has become a key part of my work with 3ds max so I'd love to have it running smoothly with those 4/8k outputs. I'm attaching a sbsar to the second substance so it'd be great if you'd check it too :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y7eya39uyejcap/river_stone_2.sbsar?dl=0

Great! I can pull each of these up this morning to confirm that they are working as intended. As for the release, we are very close to having the release build ready but do not have an exact date for when we will be releasing it. It is great to hear that Substance has become a key part of your work though!
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

Hi @visometria_mielnik,
Thank you again for reporting this. This was indeed a bug in our workflow which would occur when creating the diffuse map from the basecolor. Our automated workflow has been updated to correct this.  :D

Here are the results I am getting using your River Stone Substance with the updated Vray workflow:



This solution will be available within the 1.0 release which we will have available as soon as we can.
Cheers!
Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:45:47 pm
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

This looks awesome!!! I hope you guys release it soon, I can't wait already!  :D

I was thinking about what you wrote before that this is a bug regarding the diffuse workflow. Im still not very experienced with designer (only working with it for like 6 months) and so when starting a new project i never chose the specular workflow since in the description it says that its not for vray. Now I remembered what you said about the diffuse workflow and I decided to add the diffuse output to my roughness/metallic workflow and it works like a charm. I just wanted to put it out for all the other noobs like me :) Cheers!