Author Topic: Substance Plugin 4.18.0.27 Released  (Read 746 times)

Overview:
This is a general bug fix release.

Whats Changed:
- We have improved the send to Substance Painter feature so that meshes included by default within UE4, meshes that are added from marketplace content, and meshes added through a .uasset are sent to Substance Painter as intended.

- Sending a mesh (Mesh-A) to Substance Painter that is using the same material as another mesh (Mesh-B), followed by sending Mesh-B to Substance Painter, and then sending Mesh-A once more, no longer breaks the material used for each mesh.

- A material that uses a SubstanceTexture2D and a copy of that SubstanceTexture2D no longer loses reference to one when the SubstanceGraphInstance is reimported.

- Sending a mesh to Substance Painter after updating materials on another mesh will no longer break materials and cause miscellaneous problems.

- SubstanceTexture2D instances that are used in texture parameters within a dynamic material instance will no longer disappear after the SubstanceGraphInstance is reimported.

- Added many stability improvements to the connection between Substance UE4 LiveLink and Substance Painter.

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aq8wnim7susu72d/SubstanceUE4_Plugin_4.18.0.27.zip?dl=0

Notes:
This update is now available through the UE4 Marketplace. Alternatively, the most recent version of the plugin can be downloaded from the link above.
Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:20:22 pm
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

Thanks for the update

Hi, since yesterday all the thumbnails in the substance source plugin for ue4 are missing. The throbber keeps rolling but the images never appear. I searched all over the internet but can't find any solution to this. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi, since yesterday all the thumbnails in the substance source plugin for ue4 are missing. The throbber keeps rolling but the images never appear. I searched all over the internet but can't find any solution to this. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

This should be fixed now. Thank you for reporting this. :)
Integrations QA Analyst
keston.gregory@allegorithmic.com

Hi,
I would like to know how to include the plugin into the source distributions hosted on Oculus’s private GitHub repository (UnrealEngine-oculus-4.18.2-1.21.0.zip).
I tried what was mentioned in the Install_README  of the SubstanceUE4_Plugin_4.18.0.27.zip
but it crash UE4 when the plugin is ON.
Thank you

Hi,
I would like to know how to include the plugin into the source distributions hosted on Oculus’s private GitHub repository (UnrealEngine-oculus-4.18.2-1.21.0.zip).
I tried what was mentioned in the Install_README  of the SubstanceUE4_Plugin_4.18.0.27.zip
but it crash UE4 when the plugin is ON.
Thank you

Hi @famhtx,
What is the relative path you installed the plugin to compared to the root engine folder or project folder? If this is a distribution modified by Oculus, there could also be changes made to the engine that conflict with the Substance plugin. We currently only support the default Unreal Engine distribution.
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

Thanks for the reply.
Indeed it is is a distribution modified by Oculus.
After building the source I have followed all the suggestions made in the Install_README  of the SubstanceUE4_Plugin_4.18.0.27.zip without success.
I sent the same mail to the Oculus dev forum and till now no answer about how  to include the plugin into the source distributions hosted on Oculus’s private GitHub repository

Brilliant! That's the two of the three bugs I reported, now for that pesky packaged game crash :(

Help for Linux users:

I do this to have Substance Plugin:

- Extract Unreal Engine source code in a folder (you need the UnrealEngine source code from https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine (is Private):

- Build the source code:

Open a terminal inside the UnrealEngine folder and type this:

sudo chmod +x Setup.sh
./Setup.sh

sudo chmod +x GenerateProjectFiles.sh
./GenerateProjectFiles.sh

make

- Make a copy and send the original folder to another directory (a back up)
- Paste the copy in the same directory that i build Unreal Engine for the first time, because "XmlConfigCache.bin" (located in "UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\"), that file save the information about the build process and save a route of the folder where UnrealEngine was built
- Download the Substance Plugin and copy paste in "UnrealEngine/Engine/Plugins/Runtime"
- Type the commands, type one by one
- Open the Unreal Engine Editor and activate the Subtance Plugin
- Enjoy!

I have a question:
If a new version of Unreal Engine is available, i can build again the source code and update to the new version of Unreal Engine?

And i have a problem
When i import a mesh (fbx default export of Blender 2.79), for example: mesh.fbx and click on "Send to Substance Painter", nothing happens...
Before that i have to desactive the Collision of the static mesh
But if i copy and paste the file and change the extension of the file .fbx to .FBX in "MyProject/SP_Textures/mesh/Game/"
The process works O_o... Of course in a clean new project, and with a .fbx mesh

Note:
If you see this:
"ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Engine/Intermediate/Build/XmlConfigCache.bin" is denied."
Because, you are trying build the source code in other directory which indicates this file "XmlConfigCache.bin" and this causes the error (i think, that file save the information about the build process and save a route of the folder where UnrealEngine was built)

Thanks for the help