Author Topic: Trying to follow wood planks tutorial on academy  (Read 230 times)

It  says this was posted dec 2017 and I am only at marker 4:24 on "Aged Wood Planks: 01 - Creating the wood pattern" and it calls for "wood fibers" and there are not any in the latest version of designer - so how to follow along?

You are creating your own wood fibres in this tutorial using Grunge maps from library, (grunge 005 and grunge 011 i think) these will be your base for creating your own.

Grunge map 005 is for Fibres

Grunge map 011 is for Cracks

Have a look through your library the grunge maps are most definitely there

Hope this helps :)

It  says this was posted dec 2017 and I am only at marker 4:24 on "Aged Wood Planks: 01 - Creating the wood pattern" and it calls for "wood fibers" and there are not any in the latest version of designer - so how to follow along?

Hey Wes,

Sorry for the confusion on this. The application made some changes to the noises after I had recorded the tutorial. There is a text in the video where I mention the wood fibers that indicates the new noise to use. (3:53 in the video) Wood fibers is now Directional Noise 1 with an angle of 90.

Cheers,
wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja