Author Topic: Plugin for Maya 2017 Arnold issues  (Read 412 times)

In the plugin for Maya (OSX) -- I dl the latest -- when I check Automatic connections and then click Diffuse it generates a file node with a PNG image which I can use with Arnold, but when I click Metallic, it does not generate a file node and if I plug in the Out Color R of the default node to the metallness input in Arnold StandardSurface node it does not appear to read it properly. Is this a bug? Why does it not generate a file node like diffuse?

Back to manually plugging in maps output from SP.

In the plugin for Maya (OSX) -- I dl the latest -- when I check Automatic connections and then click Diffuse it generates a file node with a PNG image which I can use with Arnold, but when I click Metallic, it does not generate a file node and if I plug in the Out Color R of the default node to the metallness input in Arnold StandardSurface node it does not appear to read it properly. Is this a bug? Why does it not generate a file node like diffuse?

Back to manually plugging in maps output from SP.

Hi Greg,

This sounds like a bug possible on the OS X plugin. On windows I can't reproduce this issue. We are investigating this issue.

Cheers,
wes
Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:39:57 pm
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hello Wes,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you identified that the problem is a bug with the plugin for OSX? Will you be releasing a working version for 2017?

Cheers.

Any update on this?