Author Topic: Can't put in bitmaps?  (Read 9246 times)

I purchased Bit2Materials a while ago, soon after it came out.  I was able to take a png or tga and turn it into pbr substances. 

My hard disk crashed so I had to reinstall and now I can't open any file other than an sbr file. Why did it suddenly change? I am unable to use this tool the same way I did when I purchased it.  Oddly enough, I copied the old exe file from my backup folders and that wouldn't work either.

Is there a problem on my end? This is the standalone indie version, although I have tried several, from 3.0 to 3.3.  I use Window 7, directX.

Please tell me that I can go back to using this tool the way I need to use it rather than just for importing substances.

Laura

Hey teila,

I am not quite sure what issue you are talking about and what exactly you want to achieve.
Bitmap 2 Material never was capable of opening other files than Bitmaps or SBSAR (Substance) files.

You can import a Bitmap (PNG, for instance)and generate other maps from that source. That's what Bitmap 2 Material is made for.
Drag & Drop an image should work.

Best Regards
Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:23:51 am
Environment Artist - Twitter

Yes, it is what it is for...but it doesn't work for me in the newest editions I downloaded from here. :)

I did get it to work with the old version I found in my backup folders but only the tga file I made from the png worked.

The tga did not work with the most recent Bitmap2Materials. 

I am only trying to use as it was intended to use and it doesn't work.  I am spending the morning with the kids but will send a little video later showing me trying to drag and drop.  I was surprised as I have used B2M for a quite some time and it worked great.

Yes, it is what it is for...but it doesn't work for me in the newest editions I downloaded from here. :)

I did get it to work with the old version I found in my backup folders but only the tga file I made from the png worked.

The tga did not work with the most recent Bitmap2Materials. 

I am only trying to use as it was intended to use and it doesn't work.  I am spending the morning with the kids but will send a little video later showing me trying to drag and drop.  I was surprised as I have used B2M for a quite some time and it worked great.

Hi,

You should be able to use TGA as the source input. Just to make sure I am understanding.. you have a tga file, but it doesn't work when you try to use this as the source input?

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Yes, exactly. I drag it and get the little circle that means it won't work. Trying to use the find file input, it gives me an error that says that the file does not have the sbar attachments, or something like that.

Basically, and I can't remember the exact words, it says the file is missing something it needs to be input. Yet, it works in my old indie version and actually, the png works in the old Indie version but not in the current version as well.

Yes, exactly. I drag it and get the little circle that means it won't work. Trying to use the find file input, it gives me an error that says that the file does not have the sbar attachments, or something like that.

Basically, and I can't remember the exact words, it says the file is missing something it needs to be input. Yet, it works in my old indie version and actually, the png works in the old Indie version but not in the current version as well.

Hi,

Are you using the B2M3 standalone version? If you go to help>about, it will tell you the version. Can you let me know your build number? I have also attached a TGA file that works for me. Can you try this file?

If the drag and drop doesn't work, can you try to click the None[...] button next to the Main Input and see if you can browse for the file?

Cheers,
Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Had the exact same issue, bought package long but only trying it out now (downloaded latest version).

Could not open any file type tried png, bmp, jpg and tga in various modes with and without alpha channel.
Could not get image to drag and drop into bitmap2material 3.

Only thing that worked was using the NONE option to manually locate file, then it loaded.
Closing application and starting fresh again, drag and drop works as it should.

Appears to just be an issue on using running application for the first time, does not detect image drop.

Hi, we have a known issue related to how Qt behaves on Win8/Win10 and how permissions are handled on some configurations that use these OS.
For now the best thing is to load the images by clicking on the "None" button of each channel. We will inverstigate on this as soon as we can, thanks.
Technical Artist - Product Manager
gaetan.lassagne@allegorithmic.com

Seems, this is a window-issue only - the mac version works correct...
Any rough idea, when it will be fixed for windows?

cheers

No ETA at the moment as it not only depends on us but we will try to fix it asap.
Technical Artist - Product Manager
gaetan.lassagne@allegorithmic.com

I guess this issue is still around? I can still only load in bitmaps by clicking the "none" button.
I'm on Win10. B2M v.3.1, and I also tried the background_wood.tga that was posted to no avail.