Author Topic: SD Settings to use for Metallic/Roughness And Specular/Glossy 4 Redshift/Max  (Read 456 times)

Hello,

Thanks in advance if this can be answered at all in a straight forward manner?

I have both Metal/Rough and Specular/Glossy materials in my PBR library and want to know
how these would be translated with values to Redshift Material plugins to be rendered in 3ds Max 2018 USING Substance Designer Only?

I have been collecting examples from different places and I would really appreciate  a  Straight Forward approach for both PBR material types:

1. Metallic/Rough Settings for RS material 3ds Max 2018.

2. Specular/Glossiness Settings for RS Material in 3ds Max 2018.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks in advance if this can be answered at all in a straight forward manner?

I have both Metal/Rough and Specular/Glossy materials in my PBR library and want to know
how these would be translated with values to Redshift Material plugins to be rendered in 3ds Max 2018 USING Substance Designer Only?

I have been collecting examples from different places and I would really appreciate  a  Straight Forward approach for both PBR material types:

1. Metallic/Rough Settings for RS material 3ds Max 2018.

2. Specular/Glossiness Settings for RS Material in 3ds Max 2018.

Thanks!

Hi,

With Redshift, you can use the metallic/roughness workflow directly. Be sure to switch the BRDF to GGX and the Fresnel to metalness.

For specular, you need to invert the glossiness map and set the Fresnel to IOR (1.5).

Cheers,
Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,

Finally thank you!

Do you know when there may be a Redshift3d plugin like you have for Arnold?

I decided to create (2) material libraries (1) Arnold and (1) Redshift3d.

Since you have the plugin for ARnold I am starting with that.

I figure it's better to wait and go with Arnold for now.

At some point I really hope that I will have both material libraries, so I can compare for myself which one to ultimately use before I upgrade old computer.

Thanks!