Author Topic: Pysbs version problem  (Read 525 times)

Hi, I downloaded the latest version of substance toolkit:
2017.2.4-132-msvc14-x64-standard-indie
And I'm using the newest version of Substance Designer also:
Substande Designer --- Windows version 2018.1.0
But it seems not be able to fit with my substance designer when I wanted to do some iteration using pysbs:
Here are some error info from my IDE:
D:\Python\python.exe E:/Substances/Automation/helloworld.py
[INFO][pysbs.context] SAT Install path: C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Automation Toolkit
[INFO][pysbs.context] Default package: C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Automation Toolkit\resources\packages
[INFO][pysbs.context] SD Install path: C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Designer
[ERROR][pysbs.api_decorators] Exception of kind SBSIncompatibleVersionError in pysbs.substance.substance, line 179: SBSDocument.parse()
[ERROR][pysbs.api_decorators] Exception of kind SBSIncompatibleVersionError in pysbs.substance.substance, line 201: SBSDocument.parseDoc()
[ERROR][pysbs.context]
The package D:\Pysbs-2017.2.3\pysbs_demos\sample\TerrainHelpers.sbs has been created with a newer version of SBS format (1.1.0.201803 / 1.1.0.201803), which is incompatible with the one supported by the API (1.1.0.201710 / 1.1.0.201710).
Please upgrade the API to have it compatible with the version of Substance Designer you are using.

Is pysbs still out of date? I tried so many times and I'm really confused now :'(.

Hi,

Unfortunately pysbs is still outdated. I'll try to get it updated as soon as possible.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience

Hi,

The 2018 release is now out.
Note that the python docs are not up to date at this point. Expect them to come online later this week or early next.
Sorry for the delay.

I noticed that you guys just added Autograph module to newest pysbs version. I wanted to know how I could use these nodes but I couldn't  find enough info in API document.

Hi,

The latest version of the SAT is 2018.1 and it has the autograph modele. Don't forget to upgrade the python API in your python installation using pip after installing it.

The raytracer sample makes extensive use of the autograph API so it's a good place to learn from.
https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SAT/Pixel+Processor+Ray+tracer

Let me know if you manage to get it to work.

Thanks for help. I spend a day to discover pysbs and tried to use it to generate a 3D simplex noise. I think you might should define the swizzle functions as an operator "." so that user could use statements like "m_node.xyzx" to swizzle vectors more easily.