Author Topic: Open David or Diana project (.Zprj)  (Read 2043 times)

Sorry, but I did not understand where you can download the Marvelous project file with animation? Found only fbx, who with clothes and already in a pose.

https://www.allegorithmic.com/sites/default/files/link/download/Export%20your%20garment%20with%20the%20final%20posing.pdf

I'm stuck with this too. Tried the FBX but can't seem to get the avatar back into a standard pose for creating clothes.

Thank you, md project files are already available for download

It's fixed now: look at the end of the blogpost ;)

In my zprj file, the bounding volumes and arrangement points are not synced with the model, which is different from what the picture shows. Do I have to manually adjust it or you will upload a new version? Or is there something I have missed?

Another question is that for the texture maps do we have to use the model itself as high poly for baking?

Hello Yawen Zhang,

This is Danny Kim from Marvelous Designer Support Team.
The Bounding volume is not adjusted in provided Marvelous Designer Project file.

You would need to readjust it to fit the avatar.
However, fitting the bounding volume is optional, you could simulate garments without it for a custom avatar.

A note for SP users who are new to MD:
The animation to get to the final David pose will have problems during the MD processing.  The left (bent) arm will have it's forearm 'crumple' as it moves into the final position.  [This is an MD issue... it calculates a straight-line start-to-end movement for morphs and animations, unless they are previously sequenced in a motion file.]  Currently there is no available fix for this.  This means that any long-sleeved garment will have major mesh intersection problems.

The easiest solution I have found is this (if you want to have a long-sleeve shirt or jacket):
1. Create the garment(s) as usual on the A-posed figure.
2. Before the animation into the final pose, use the Cut-And-Sew option on any left sleeve patterns at the elbow area. 
3. Select the forearm pattern(s) you have just made, and use the Deactivation (Pattern and Sewing) option to make them *not* move along with the rest of the garment to the final position.
4. Once the rest of the garment is in it's final position, re-activate the forearm pattern pieces, manually re-position them on the avatar's forearm, and run the sewing sim to re-join them to the rest of the garment.

Hello Yawen Zhang,

This is Danny Kim from Marvelous Designer Support Team.
The Bounding volume is not adjusted in provided Marvelous Designer Project file.

You would need to readjust it to fit the avatar.
However, fitting the bounding volume is optional, you could simulate garments without it for a custom avatar.
Thanks a lot Danny!