Author Topic: Read me first! Rules and Q&A  (Read 10257 times)

Can I use more then one UV for clothes?

Can I use more then one UV for clothes?
UV space you mean? if so, yes you can

Hi everyone,

Great challenge! I've read all the rules and posts attentively, but no one else seems to have asked:

1) Can we change the pose of the model?
2) Is painting on the model allowed? The YouTube video seemed to suggest it, and the rules only say not to modify the mesh.
3) Can we install the trial on more than one computer, and is it possible to have a follow-up trial on the same computer? (I share a desktop computer with my partner, who would like to try out the system at a later point in time.)

Thank you in advance!
Sophie

1: nope you can't (you have a MD working pose, and the final pose)
2: yes, you are invited to paint on the model. that said we will the clothes first.
3: you can install it on 2 PC, but they can't be used at the same time (for Substance Painter)

if I graduated last year I cannot submit my entry as a 'student' and must send it in under the 'pro' category?
yes: to enroll in the student category, you have to be student at the time of the contest.

Hello! It`s necessary to create a WIP or can I send my work right away?
There is no obligation, even if we encourage it (furthermore, it's a good way to "protect" your original idea)

Question - It says we can remove the bow and arrow from Diana but what about the fig leaf? If it won't be seen in the end result can we delete it?

Bump. I'd also like to get rid of the fig leaf if possible.
You can remove the leaf (you pervert!)

How many Texture pages/UV Layout can be used . For Example  Cloths in 1 texture page and Accessories in another texture page
No specific limitation for this.

Hi All,
I am pretty new here and gave a thought in taking part in the contest.
I have few questions and it would be great if anybody kindly answer them:
1) If i need to put shoes in David foot i need to lift it a bit up or drag the podium a bit down, can I do that?
2)Do I need to place the accessories like watch shoes etc in Marvelous file also or is it fine to keep it in final submission of substance painter file?
3)Can I bring the cloth model in Maya/3ds Max to layout and optimize the UV before taking it to substance for texturing?

Best of luck to all the contestants.

1: yes (just don't modify the pose or the topology)
2: you can keep it for SP file
3: yes, but at your own risk: don't change topo and/or pose

Question - It says we can remove the bow and arrow from Diana but what about the fig leaf? If it won't be seen in the end result can we delete it?

Bump. I'd also like to get rid of the fig leaf if possible.
You can remove the leaf (you pervert!)
Nice!  8)
Also if our submission is shoe-less will that count against us in terms of "coherence in theme and model"

Ahhh thanks for taking the time to answer all that Vince, I really needed those answers. You're the bessst.

Hi Allegorithmic team,

Some answers are not clear for me (english is not my mother tongue) sorry to ask for something allready answered :/

- I see on a contester thread a reply that allow to practice rotopology, is this true?
Are we judge on our retopology too, no issue to do it but it's just to schedule ;)

- Are we allow to create alpha from photoshop and use it in designer or should we create it in designer using procedural and/ or svg? Are we penalysed if photoshop is used?
It's just to be sure I play with all the rules. For example to create roses alpha, indeed we can do it in full designer but it's faster to create it in photoshop.

Thanks for your futur answer and thanks again for this great contest.

Have a nice day,

You can retopo but it won't be part of the judging criteria.
You can create brushes/alpha/decals in Photoshop and use them in Painter.

The Marvelous Designer Trial has Expired. Your blog post says to contact them. But there isn't an email address or contact info. Could someone post that please?

Hi,

Thx Jeremie for your answers ;)
I will try in full designer, depending of the time it will maybe in svg.

Have a nice day,

Can I make David's face completely covered? I want to make mask for him
Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:43:48 pm