Author Topic: Read me first! Rules and Q&A  (Read 4750 times)

For the full rules and detail, head over to our blogpost.
If you have any question or need precisions about the rules, please ask in this thread!

Hello! I have a few questions :)
Just to make it clear, are we forced to use Substance/Marvelous only?
Can I, for example, make some mesh adjustments of the clothes I have, in ZBrush?

Also, the rules say:
All clothes must be created in Marvelous Designer except accessories such as bracelets, glasses, etc. (for example)
What about fur? Can I add it? :P

Thank you!  :)
Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:45:08 pm

I was reading the rules, and submissions, but I was unsure on where we submit our work once we are complete. are we allowed to combine the two ?

Last are we allowed to export, and do anything in Photoshop at all?

Thanks.
Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:22:26 am

Hey, just wanted to know some things before i start working.

As i understood it:
It is NOT allowed to use ANY software in garment creation other then MD.
(Not even to edit the in MD created garment with Zbrush for fold sculpting)
OR
Is it okay to create the garment in MD export it to zbrush to fine tune ?
 ???

2.) Is it okay to redo the UVs if needed ?
(the mesh remains unchanged)

I was reading the rules, and submissions, but I was unsure on where we submit our work once we are complete. are we allowed to combine the two ?

Thanks.

Nope for the both questions

Hey, just wanted to know some things before i start working.

As i understood it:
It is NOT allowed to use ANY software in garment creation other then MD.
(Not even to edit the in MD created garment with Zbrush for fold sculpting)
OR
Is it okay to create the garment in MD export it to zbrush to fine tune ?
 ???

2.) Is it okay to redo the UVs if needed ?
(the mesh remains unchanged)

Nope: the cloth mat has to be made with SP :)

Hi, can I add fur on the clothes in Maya? Do we need to create an environment for the statue? And can I render the scene in Maya (Arnold) ?

Thanks.

Nope for the both questions

what about the first one about submissions? where do we submit. Just on this thread or some where else? it wasn't 100% clear. It said we could post on all sorts of sites, but I didn't see where to submit . Thanks.!

Hi, can I add fur on the clothes in Maya? Do we need to create an environment for the statue? And can I render the scene in Maya (Arnold) ?

* 1 Basic Shot: Rendered image using Iray in Substance Painter with the size of the 3D model and angles as close as possible facing the camera. You must use Tomoco Studio, the default environment map in Substance Painter
* 1 Free Shot: Unleash your creativity and imagination: you can change environment maps, camera angles, weathering, and more in this shot.

The rendering has to be done in SP, it shows that in the rules. That part.  Unless the free shot can be.. not sure.
Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:13:24 am

Hi!

Would something like shoes or boots be considered an accessory, or would those need to be created somehow with MD?

Looking forward to seeing what people make!

-Tony

Hi!

Would something like shoes or boots be considered an accessory, or would those need to be created somehow with MD?

-Tony
As they are (generally) stiff elements, they can be considered as accessories

Hi!

-Tony
As they are (generally) stiff elements, they can be considered as accessories

Thanks for the reply Vincent!  Sounds good.

Hello!
This may be a dumb question but what do you mean exactly by "Coherence in theme and model" in the criteria?
Thank you!

Hi, two questions. Do I need to create clothes for both characters? Or do I need to choose one character only?

Hello!
This may be a dumb question but what do you mean exactly by "Coherence in theme and model" in the criteria?
Thank you!
That would be to not put some random clothes on the character but have a coherent vision with the outfit.

Hi, two questions. Do I need to create clothes for both characters? Or do I need to choose one character only?
No, you choose one or the other.