Author Topic: Newly requested features: glTF support & "Bake to new Material" option  (Read 737 times)

Two features I requested lately for the Substance in Modo integration:

Just wanted to let you know and see if you'd also like these features for Substance in Modo or have any feedback!

Two features I requested lately for the Substance in Modo integration:

Just wanted to let you know and see if you'd also like these features for Substance in Modo or have any feedback!

Hi Robert,

Thanks very much! I will speak to the team about adding these features.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,

thank you! I’m pleased these features are under review! :D

Robert

Hi Wes,

thank you! I’m pleased these features are under review! :D

Robert

Hi Robert,

I think we will have the glTF material in the next update : )

Cheers,
Wes

Hi Wes,

thank you and Allegorithmic for adding in glTF support to the Substance in Modo plugin!
It’s a great feature and it’s way more comfortable to use Substances for glTF materials in Modo now.

There’s still one more thing constricting the workflow and it’s about the channel packing of the Occlusion/Roughness/Metalness maps. To get a channel packed texture we currently have to bake out the Substance textures in Modo, manually pack these maps in Photoshop to its RGB channels and then relink the ORM texture in Modo.

I believe the best case would be an option in the Substance in Modo Plugin that channel packs the ORM texture dynamically with the Substance engine, saving bothersome manual steps and keeping adjustability of the parameters for quick fixes.

From a production-for-runtime perspective, the suggested "Bake to new Material" feature would also be quite interesting in many ways.

Maybe these things are under review and I’m asking too early.
Anyway I wanted to let you know we’re very happy with the updated plugin and leave my thoughts about it.

Robert

Hi Wes,

thank you and Allegorithmic for adding in glTF support to the Substance in Modo plugin!
It’s a great feature and it’s way more comfortable to use Substances for glTF materials in Modo now.

There’s still one more thing constricting the workflow and it’s about the channel packing of the Occlusion/Roughness/Metalness maps. To get a channel packed texture we currently have to bake out the Substance textures in Modo, manually pack these maps in Photoshop to its RGB channels and then relink the ORM texture in Modo.

I believe the best case would be an option in the Substance in Modo Plugin that channel packs the ORM texture dynamically with the Substance engine, saving bothersome manual steps and keeping adjustability of the parameters for quick fixes.

From a production-for-runtime perspective, the suggested "Bake to new Material" feature would also be quite interesting in many ways.

Maybe these things are under review and I’m asking too early.
Anyway I wanted to let you know we’re very happy with the updated plugin and leave my thoughts about it.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks very much for the input! We will add channel packing in a future update.

Cheers,
Wes