Author Topic: Modo crashes.. with Substance ONLY.  (Read 395 times)

Hi, I own Modo indie...I also own Maya, Full and Max Full...Substance is fine for both Maya and Max.... but Modo indie, any time I add a substance material it crashes modo .. I have to remove Substance all together to be able to open that file again... So I tried on about 10 others..SO this clearly is a substance issue... The last update for Modo Substance  , is substance 2.1. ...I know Modo indie is always behide, kinda like Unity.....but this is getting out of hand fella's  ...

Two tools I like the most, are broke with Substance... UGH.. even though I own Maya AND Max, I like Modo.. for modeling, and texturing... So any idea what is going on with Modo indie? and Substance??? Thanks.!

Hi, I own Modo indie...I also own Maya, Full and Max Full...Substance is fine for both Maya and Max.... but Modo indie, any time I add a substance material it crashes modo .. I have to remove Substance all together to be able to open that file again... So I tried on about 10 others..SO this clearly is a substance issue... The last update for Modo Substance  , is substance 2.1. ...I know Modo indie is always behide, kinda like Unity.....but this is getting out of hand fella's  ...

Two tools I like the most, are broke with Substance... UGH.. even though I own Maya AND Max, I like Modo.. for modeling, and texturing... So any idea what is going on with Modo indie? and Substance??? Thanks.!

Hi,

I'm very sorry for these issues with Modo Indie. The indie plugin is very out of date. I met with Modo team this week at Siggraph and we are discussing the update for Indie. We can't provide the update ourselves. It needs to go through the Foundry for the Indie version of Modo. We are in talks with them to get Indie updated to our latest builds .

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja