Author Topic: UE4 Substance Live Crashing (on send to substance painter)  (Read 445 times)

ok so i just found out about this which blew my mind as this is helping me to get my texturing correct but when i send to painter it crashes instantly. I'm getting a no valid FBX and to disable collision even when i delete the collision

I need to get this working since this is a method i am using for now on.

[Plugin - dcc-live-link] Exception ExportError: Error while decoding export options: Export preset 'Unreal Engine 4 (Packed)' not found (:/js/mapexport.js line 24)

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_SubstanceLiveLink!FSubstanceLiveLinkConnection::GetMeshMaterials() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\substance\source\substancelivelink\private\substancelivelinkconnection.cpp:374]
UE4Editor_SubstanceLiveLink!FSubstanceLiveLinkConnection::GeneratePainterProjectJson() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\substance\source\substancelivelink\private\substancelivelinkconnection.cpp:259]
UE4Editor_SubstanceLiveLink!FSubstanceLiveLinkConnection::SendPainterProject() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\substance\source\substancelivelink\private\substancelivelinkconnection.cpp:634]
UE4Editor_SubstanceLiveLink!FSubstanceLiveLinkConnection::SendAssetToSubstancePainter() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\substance\source\substancelivelink\private\substancelivelinkconnection.cpp:89]
UE4Editor_SubstanceLiveLink!<lambda_bc5a705b7ad6f33c87e92633944f47eb>::operator()() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\substance\source\substancelivelink\private\substancelivelinkmodule.cpp:139]
UE4Editor_SubstanceLiveLink!TBaseFunctorDelegateInstance<void __cdecl(void),<lambda_bc5a705b7ad6f33c87e92633944f47eb> >::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\rocketsync\4.20.0-4212847+++ue4+release-4.20\working\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:926]
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore
user32
user32
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll
Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:01:22 pm

ok so apparently when you send to painter it does not create the following
Channels:
Opacity
Ambient occlusion
Emissive

It doesn't Support Instanced Materials only normal Material.
I've noticed it makes another folder in the UE4 folders and duplicates everything so you will have Double, unless that folder doesn't ship in the build

Thank you! :) You saved my day :p