Author Topic: X-TAON: The Art Car Texturing Contest  (Read 11747 times)

Yes.

I understand that we can't bake from higher poly mesh, but can we use alpha maps/stamps that were baked from other softwares like Zbrush, Maya or Max for the purpose of adding height details? Or we can only use alpha maps that were made from 2D softwares like Photoshop? Thanks

Are we allowed to lower the ride height/tweak the wheel camber settings or does that count as modifying geometry?
G O D S P E E D

Are we allowed to use some images ?

Hello !
I see that you give us 10 free materials from Substance Source for this contest. As a student, my school already have almost all the materials from Substance Source. Do you allow me to use these other Substance Source materials for this contest that my school has ? Or do I have to work only with the 10 free material ? :D
Thank you !
Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:03:38 am

We judging the creativity within Substance Painter, so if most of the art/creative process is made in another tool, we'll take this in account. We are generally OK with alpha, if it's something you can't really do within SP (ex: logo/specific fonts, etc...)

Hi, concerning the iray renders (the ones using the 3/4 front and back cameras): can we use some of the post effects settings from the display options? (like tone mapping etc), or should these renders stay "neutral"?
Thanks

Hi,
first WIP of my work. Hope to finish on time :)

Hi, concerning the iray renders (the ones using the 3/4 front and back cameras): can we use some of the post effects settings from the display options? (like tone mapping etc), or should these renders stay "neutral"?
Thanks

My question too.

Yes, you can use post effects.

base layers with additional detail to come.

Rear view of wip

Wooow, just wanna say HELLO and GOOD LUCK to everyone.

I´m in, I´ll try to do something interesting. Just exploring, for now. This is pretty new for me, never painted a car  :)

Are you allowed to use custom decals that you bought off Artstation or Gumroad or do you have to make them from scratch?

My first test session might have been influenced by listening to a song based around Mad Max :P
But I have no illusions of winning against you Substance veterans, so I decided to have fun with it instead, so here is my first session, Charlotte the Harlot: