Author Topic: SBSBaker output-size issue  (Read 147 times)

Hi guys, I've just discovered automation tool and as I am a newbie with it, I struggle with one thing. Here is a command I input in powershell. Everything runs well exept the "--output-size 10,10" command. It seems it is locked on "9,9" (here is the full error and command)

PS C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance BatchTools 5> .\sbsbaker.exe ambient-occlusion-from-mesh --output-size 10,10 "C:\Users\Merle Boule\Desktop\ATKit\test.FBX" --output-path "C:\Users\Merle Boule\Desktop\ATKit"
Error: Couldn't set output-size because the value type isn't correct!
Writing file 'C:/Users/Merle Boule/Desktop/ATKit/test_ambient-occlusion-from-mesh.jpg'...

So to resolve the problem I looked into the documentation and the forum and I found this : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/sat/setup-and-getting-started/frequently-asked-questions. But it is talking about SBSRender only and I am baking fbx asset without having sbs file. Maybe I don't understand something :p

Please, can you point me out what I am doing wrong? Thank you !

Hi Andrei,

That looks like a correct command line to me and my attempt to recreate it seem to work for me.
Can you try quoting the 10,10 and see if works, I'm worried that somehow the shell is interpreting the 10,10 incorrectly.

C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance BatchTools 5> .\sbsbaker.exe ambient-occlusion-from-mesh --output-size "10,10" "C:\Users\Merle Boule\Desktop\ATKit\test.FBX" --output-path "C:\Users\Merle Boule\Desktop\ATKit"

David

Hi David !

Thank you for your help !

I copy/paste your command line. It returned the same error. Here is the copy of the error :

PS C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance BatchTools 5> .\sbsbaker.exe ambient-occlusion-from-mesh --output-size "10,10" "C:\Users\Merle Boule\Desktop\ATKit\test.FBX
" --output-path "C:\Users\Merle Boule\Desktop\ATKit"
>>
Error: Couldn't set output-size because the value type isn't correct!
Writing file 'C:/Users/Merle Boule/Desktop/ATKit/test_ambient-occlusion-from-mesh.jpg'...

I think I don't understand something really simple, but I can't see what :p Even with PowerShell with an administrator right, it doesn't work. I tried with regular black console. I tried with substance designer opened in background. (Is it a problem if I use Batchtools 5 and I have only SD6 installed. I know my question sounds stupid, but maybe is it important?)

I know we did change the command line parser somewhere in the process.
What might be the case is that we only baked square textures in the past, can you try passing in only 10 (as opposed to 10,10) and see if it works for you?