Author Topic: Modo 12.2  (Read 134 times)

Hi I have Modo Full now, and 12.2, Substance shows greyed out when you select texture under Modo.  you cant create inside of Modo under that tab..

I installed the plug in, to be sure its installed right..and its not working. any idea whats going on here.? THANKS
Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:41:42 am

I deleted the config file,  the plug in still didnt work...I made sure I used the new Modo 12...LPK....still nothing...I reinstalled 10 times NOTHING.

I have deadlines here..and still no support replies..  Substance due to Unity, Modo issues, Steam issues, issue after issue is testing my patience with  issues.... 

I did everything that normally goes wrong with YOUR PLUG INS...and it still isn't working..I can see it enabled, I can see it in the KITS..I can see it in the texture menu..but its greyed out...remaking a new config does not work...there must be a bug here.... because nothing else works here.

This is MODO 12.2 V1....

if I cant get an answer soon I WILL be forced to use Maya, and move everything.....I just don't get these Substance issues all the time.. always something, you guys need to go through your plug ins. a little better. also we need replies, with in 24 hours, as some of us HAVE DEAD LINES... 

regards...
Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:43:48 am

Hi @Recon03 ,

Can you create the Substance using either the kit menu in the top right (with the Substance icon) or using the ctrl+alt+s hotkey? Is it just the entry in the textures menu, or are all three methods not functioning?

Best,

Galen Helfter
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com

Hi @Recon03 ,

Can you create the Substance using either the kit menu in the top right (with the Substance icon) or using the ctrl+alt+s hotkey? Is it just the entry in the textures menu, or are all three methods not functioning?

Best,

Galen Helfter

as I said above I was able to see the S in the kit, and select it..the Texture Menu same thing..  I added a ticket when I first moved from Indie to Full and ever since I had a weird issue.... in the kits folder I can open Contents and before the kit folder is some weird ; in the address, so I could never get anything working....Now I finally got it all working, all my kits......... So I forgot that happen, and decided to move Substance  since I remember it may a whole new folder structure.... which made a new kits folder....no of my  kits worked there though......so I moved Substance there and what is ODD Substance works....but does not link....

So I GOT it working but my folders are messed up still...So this is prolly a Modo issue more so prolly..  they never got back to me before, but I got my kits working a few months back, but Substance wont work in the place of all my other kits..regardless it works now but I will deal with this when I talk to  The Foundry again...so if it breaks again I will post back...it was odd though everything showed up but it was greyed out.  I think its more of a Modo issue though ever since I had that issue when they transferred me.

FYI when this happen, I was not able to use anything to create a Substance, it was just greyed out.. in the texture menu.

I'm glad you got it working then.

It sounds like there's some issue with it disabing the kit as a whole if every operation was greyed out. I'm not familiar with the migration between indie and full installs/licenses, so it might be something we should look at on our end to understand what happens, even if it is more a Modo issue.

When it was like that, could you load a scene with a Substance and still use it, with just creation disabled? That would be interesting to know.

If you run into any other problems, don't hesitate to ask.

Best,

Galen Helfter
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com